Mastronardi Produce pioneered the commercial greenhouse industry in North America, and we’re now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent. Our award-winning, flavorful produce is packed under the SUNSET® brand and is available at leading grocery retailers across North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry. We are constantly pushing boundaries to be a leader in fresh produce innovation. We seek individuals that demonstrate our PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, Drive, Excellence) to help us fulfill our mission to inspire healthy living through WOW flavor experiences.
Our Laredo, TX distribution center, a 193,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility operating 24/7, is currently seeking Manager, Commodity Inventory Control to join our team. As a key member of the planning and allocation department, you will ensure that our greenhouse grown tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers meet our high-quality food standards to achieve and exceed our customer’s specifications. You will be responsible for managing optimal stock levels, develop and manage Inventory KPIs, and drive process improvements across the supply chain.
- Manage a team of Commodity Inventory Controller(s) responsible for the quality control of inventory freshness through product rotation, auditing and the verification of allocation accuracy to ensure uninterrupted and timely fulfillment of customer orders.
- Possess a mindset of delivering the highest quality product by training, coaching and motivating members of the commodity teams.
- Work directly with replenishment analysts for inventory planning and arrival dates of inbound product.
- Effectively communicate and cohesively work with cross functional teams, i.e., commodity team, production and shipping department.
- Maintain a line of sight on expected inbounds 0 – 3 days out.
- Maintain necessary department metrics on which the performance of the team is measured.
- Utilize the ERP system and communicate technical needs for improving performance.
- In partnership with facility leaders and associates, ensure the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment.
- Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary information, as well as other Company data, including personnel information.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field is preferred. Will consider equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in supply and demand/inventory planning. Experience in food manufacturing and produce industry experience is highly preferred.
- Work experience in a warehouse or food manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Perishable Agricultural Commodities (PACA) a plus.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Word, Excel including filters, sorts, pivot tables, and formulas
- Experience with an Inventory Management system, i.e. NAV, JDA is desired.
- Math aptitude required.
- Must be a high-performance team player and be willing to work in a dynamic, growing, demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong communication skills with the ability to effectively follow-up and handle multiple, competing priorities.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to work flexible hours.
- Must maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Combination of refrigerated warehouse; 70-80% of the day will be spent on the warehouse floor
- Ability to work in our refrigerated warehouse, 50-degree controlled temperature zones. The background noise approaches 70dcbs.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Position requires sitting, standing, walking and bending, squatting, and crawling on a regular basis
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
- Paid weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put in place.