ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery, Otis Spunkmeyer, and Oakrun Farm Bakery. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Oversees bakery and production equipment cleaning, chemical handling, pest control, building and grounds inspections and upkeep, and raw material inspection. Develops and sustains programs which focus on safety and cleanliness standards compliance. Supports company goals, processes and procedures to ensure highest quality products are produced in a thoroughly clean bakery environment.
Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization. Acts as advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; has budget responsibilities. Manages coordination of activities of a department with responsibility for results including costs, methods and staffing.
Provides supervision to exempt employees and/or non-exempt employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Bakery Manager
- Manufacturing Manager
- Quality Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Warehouse Manager
- Service Contractors
- Supply Contractors
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- Bachelors degree in science-related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience with at least 10 years sanitation management experience within the food industry
- 5-7 years food processing sanitation experience including leadership experience
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), safe chemical handling, forklift operations, and the chemistry of proper cleaning
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Computer literate in spreadsheet and word applications
- Experience in Food Safety dealing with third party food safety audits
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 20% of total work time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions, and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a manufacturing, warehouse and walk-in freezer environment where temperatures can vary from extreme cold to very warm.
- The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.