The Blount family has been in the food business since 1880. Our product Line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The Company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of clam chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster bisque in the country.
Summary – The Manager of Analytics & Business Development will coordinate information from the Sales team, Commercialization Team and Customer Service to help create and maintain an accurate customer and product forecast model. The position will then work closely with Purchasing, Operations and Planning to meet customer demand. It will require the analyst to design, develop, and utilize reports, analyze sales (current & historical) and market data to identify opportunities to continually improve the forecast and product performance. Other responsibilities will include; being an active participant of the forecast team, developing product pricing/the corporate price list, assisting in the RFI & RFQ process, generating new or enhancing existing reports with the business intelligence team. Providing customer, brand and product analysis will also be required of this position. This position will help the executive team evolve by publishing key performance indicators which will be critical to enhance the understanding of the business and provide suggestions for improvement and growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Will work directly with Sales Team, Broker Network, Project Management, and Customer Service team to stay abreast of existing demand, product changes, customer promotions and new product development.
- Direct Oversight of our Forecast Analyst and assist in the monthly and annual development and updating of the company forecast using our forecast software.
- Increase demand forecast accuracy by applying judgment from historical sales, seasonality, promotions, market and customer trends
- Prepare reports relating to demand, inventory and sales.
- Identify and track trends at the SKU level.
- Maintain communication with sales, customer service and planning to identify short term lagging or excessive demand of a given product.
- Alert the Customer Service and Sales team of any changes or needs to minimize stock shortages and overages.
- Provide input to the Purchasing team in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product exit strategies.
- Participate in planning meetings with the marketing and commercialization team, reviewing sales forecasts and inventory goals as they pertain to product transitions, new product introduction, and promotions
- Prepare, report, and communicate forecasting KPIs to management
- Measure the impact of forecast accuracy as it relates to fill rate and performance
- Review customer/item-level forecast misses from prior periods, conduct root cause analysis, and develop methods for continuous improvement
- Oversee Local Initiative Representative and increase sales to local establishments
- Create and refine product pricing for the commercialization and sales teams
- Manage and publish the company price list
- Perform quarterly product performance reviews
- Ability to enter sales orders if needed
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field; three - five years analytical and forecasting related experience or an equivalent combination of both.
- Must have strong analytical background in manufacturing.
- Excel and have knowledge of MS Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience creating/developing reporting.
- Food manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience with MS Project, Sage, and Ariba and Tableau is desired but not required.
We offer: Medical, dental and vision benefits; 401k with Company match and Profit-Sharing Plan; Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays; Education Assistance Program; Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability; Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations.
Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
3 year: Food Manufacturing
5 year: Manager
5 year: Business Development
5 year: Analytics