McCormick & Company, Incorporated, a global leader in flavor, is seeking a Utility Mechanic reporting to a Maintenance Team Manager . This individual will work at the Hunt Valley Plant located in Hunt Valley, MD .
With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry - retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. We create differentiating flavors consumers prefer with unmatched quality, science, innovation and service. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick makes every moment and meal better ™
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, McCormick offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, tuition assistance, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, paid holidays and vacations.
- Lubricate, maintain and evaluate equipment for proper adjustment, . The lubrication focus will be on replacing grease fittings and managing the selection, application and periodic consolidation of lubrication oils and grease lubricants. This includes re-greasing intervals and volume, lubrication troubleshooting and creation of improved lubrication systems or methods focusing on environmental, health, and safety issues
- Team participation (AM, CI, TPM) and consistent interaction, 90% on the floor, supporting production
- Maintain and improve preventative maintenance sheets and daily checklists with specific actionable information
- With Supervision, the incumbent will respond to trouble calls on production/process equipment and facilities and perform handoffs before and after the shift with maintenance and production counterparts.
- Must demonstrate capability to utilize resources to continuously improve personal / individual skill levels as related to core job duties. This position will require flexibility with shift and work day assignments to support business need requirements and reduce Overtime. (For example, one potential work schedule might be Sunday - Thursday.)
- minimum 5 years of production experience on automated packaging lines and APM/ PM active participation or minimum 3 years maintenance experience in manufacturing environment (preferably food processing)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to read, navigate and interpret multiple computerized data collection & data entry
- Experience overhauling and rebuilding automated equipment i.e. replacing bearings, shafts and drives using various tools including: drills, saws, grinders, presses, welders, wrenches
- Working experience with Preventive Maintenance practices.
- Demonstrated capability to read and interpret Pneumatic, Hydraulic, and Electrical Schematics, and engineering and machine diagrams and drawings. Capable of working from blueprints without supervision.
- Ability to perform basic math functions (ruler, micrometer), comprehend reading and writing instructions for manuals and sketch drawings
- Demonstrated ability to use logical thinking, independent judgment and be detailed oriented to solve problems.
- Demonstrated experience working safely, effectively and accurately in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams, influence peer to peer relationships.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to business needs including flexibility with shift and work day assignments to support business need requirements and reduce Overtime (* For example, one potential work schedule might be Sunday - Thursday - see above).
- Ability to move/lift up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis and on an occasional basis move up to 100 pounds with assistance
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, McCormick does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.