Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Maintenance Technician - Nights in Dallas, TX.
TITLE: Maintenance Technician
This position is a self-driven/self-motivated individual capable of working proficiently, both independently and as part of a team, without direct supervision. The successful individual must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect within all levels of the organization. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining, developing and creating dependable equipment throughout our facility. Implements continuous improvements, supports new system installations, production strategies and plant reliability. Persons must be capable in analyzing conditions, technical troubleshooting thru the process, identify and repair mechanical and electrical issues which prevent meeting the shift or weekly schedules. Assists, trains/coaches employees in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and the repair of machinery and equipment. The successful candidate must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect within all levels of the organization.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible, and accurate format with fully complete with all required information.
- Attend and demonstrate knowledge/learnings/application of all training
- Perform predictive maintenance techniques on equipment to enhance uptime conditions.
- Train operators on maintenance techniques when called to troubleshoot/repair equipment.
- Develop/maintain skills of a SME (subject matter expert) around the component level training with operators
- Executes preventative maintenance as scheduled and other reliability tasks, assist in diagnostics, repairs and rebuilds of machines and any other plant equipment to prevent/repair unplanned downtime/safety risks/normal operation.
- Partner with engineering or others on non-routine repairs and defect handling solutions.
- Utilize root cause analysis thought process to ensure sustainability of corrective actions and/or improvements to drive asset reliability.
- Proficient and diligent use of CMMS system to track maintenance action items.
- Classify breakdowns and analyze gaps in the entire process of design, fabrication, and maintenance of equipment.
- Utilize the continuous improvement mindset and tools to actively participate in identifying and correcting opportunities, improving processes including participation in the creation and documentation of standards, the writing of One Point Lessons, and participation in continuous improvement methodology events.
- Follow QMS, GMPs, and 5s methodology to maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area, maintaining audit ready status always.
- Adhere to all Pillar Standards and actively participate in Pillar activities including but not limited to assessments, observations, inspections, and recommendations.
- Communicates effectively with all internal and external associates and vendors.
- Supports plant production needs and priorities to achieve plant goals.
- Facilitate, attend and participate in team meetings and programs.
- Basic knowledge of boilers, air and ammonia compressors, and all utilities systems
- Troubleshoot and maintain packaging equipment. Assist in rebuilds of such
- Working knowledge of industrial printer technologies such as continuous ink jet (CIJ), hot-melt systems, and Zebra print and apply labeling systems.
- Work with Field Service techs, other mechanics, Control Techs, and Leadership to further learn the skills needed to advance to next level.
- Proficient with valve, pump, gearbox and basic mechanical rebuilds
- Troubleshoot and identify basic electrical problems such but not limited to motor faults, sensors and instrumentation failures.
- Repair and/or replace motors, sensors, and instruments during planned activities or unplanned emergency repairs.
- All other duties as assigned or as they become evident.
- High school education or equivalent
- Strong mechanical aptitude (must score 185 or higher on mechanical testing)
- Achieve and maintain required certifications
- Certification to operate lifts and other required equipment
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
- 2-5 years working in a maintenance related field on processing or packaging equipment
- Some exposure to filling or packaging equipment on maintenance level
- Great attitude and willingness to learn
- Team -player, must work well with others
- Proficiency in MS office and basic PC skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven decision-making ability and work well in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work various hours and shifts
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Basic understanding of sensors and instrumentation such as photo-eye#39;s, proximity switches, pressure, flow, level and temperature sensors.
- Basic understanding of motor controls such as starters, soft-starters, VFD#39;s, and Servos.
- Basic electrical knowledge and understanding of electrical safety (NFPA 70E).
- Able to work on multiple voltages (DC/AC) and use appropriate electrical meters and tools required for the task at hand.
- Mechanical/millwright skills
- Ability to read and interpret Domestic and European P&ID drawigs, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical schematics for use in system understanding and troubleshooting.
- Interpret and execute detailed mechanical instructions
- Effectively leverage CMMS (MVP) work order system use for PM and storeroom functionality
- Can safely use hand tools, drills, grinders and shop equipment
- Effective use of calipers, micrometers and precise measurement tools
- Effectively assesses and uses proper tools for job.
- Various predictive maintenance equipment, shop equipment and tools, hand tools, electrical troubleshooting tools, etc.
- Office machinery including: computers, printers, fax machines, copiers, telephones, etc.
- Software including: Microsoft Office and CMMS
- Industrial power equipment (Forklift, scissor, pallet jack, etc.) ??????
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices inWhite Plains, NYandBroomfield, CO.For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North Americais an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Technician, Engineer, Electrical, Night, Engineering, Technology, Operations