Responsible for repairing and maintaining electric and gas motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, production machines and support equipment.
List of essential functions
- Troubleshoot and repair all types of electric motors and electrical operated doors.
- Required to perform welding tasks using oxygen acetylene, MIG, TIG, and ARC welders.
- Operate hand and power tools
- Set up and use a drill press, grinder, and other metal working equipment.
- Required to use pneumatic tools
- Interior and exterior building maintenance
- Troubleshoot and repair all types of pumps and hydraulic equipment.
- Assist troubleshooting and repairing of refrigeration problems (use of respirator is required)
- Repair different types of packaging equipment, baggers, conveyors, wrappers, scales, etc.
- Maintain parts inventory
- Assist Maintenance Manager and other Mechanics with projects that arise throughout the plant
- Follows all Company policies and procedures, which include SOP’s, Employee Handbook, Food Safety and Quality Procedures, Food Quality Policies, GMP Handbook, HACCP, and Pictsweet Safety Procedures
- Must be able to operate and repair a forklift
- Other duties as assigned
High School diploma or GED and 1-3 years related experience and/or training. Must be forklift certified.
Physical Environmental Factors:
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 80 pounds on a frequent basis. Occasionally will be exposed to extreme cold and outside weather conditions.