The maintenance department is responsible for ensuring all equipment and systems within the Pollock facility are performing properly and efficiently; performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of plant equipment, including mechanical and electrical components. The Maintenance Technician contributes to meeting this objective through individual and team efforts. Responsibilities include performing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems and equipment, and repairing mechanical and electrical failures. Assists with utility tracking for the plant. Supports Plant Team in the achievement of Plant objectives, including production efficiencies and continuous improvement initiatives.
Perform required preventative maintenance
– Calibration, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of equipment
– Preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical and electrical systems
– Maintain facility utility systems: boilers, ammonia system, and air compressors
– Operate, perform general maintenance
– Perform non-certified welding as required
– Read and interpret assembly drawings and blueprints
– Use specific knowledge of motor load centers, power distribution systems, and motor/electrical controls
– Perform daily and weekly housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and sanitary environment, equipment and tools.
– Follow company safety rules and use appropriate PPE and safety gear provided
– Knowledge of working with and around low voltage wiring
– Basic experience with Allen Bradley products
– Basic PLC knowledge with IT computer skills a plus
– Other tasks as assigned