Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
JOB SUMMARY/JOB DUTIES:
Perform with a high degree of skill and proficiency development, maintenance, and installation work within the scope of this specialization. Work with other Maintenance personnel. Perform all supervised work necessary to repair, install, move, maintain, overhaul, and rebuild equipment and plant facilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to read piping schematics, determine source and use points, knowledge of valve types, use, and proper operation
- Demonstrate the ability to distinguish between different piping systems i.e. steam, water, high-volume/low-pressure (HPLV), ingredient etc. and the special requirements of servicing each different type
- Demonstrate basic cutting, welding, and metal fabricating skills
- Demonstrate the ability to adjust, align, tension, and repair drive chains and belt drives
- Demonstrate the ability to perform basic alignment on pump-motor combinations, and motor gearbox combinations
- Proper use of all hand and shop tools, measuring devices and basic shop equipment
- Proficient in area changeover procedures
- Proficient in basic carpentry
- Ability to clean and lubricate all machinery and equipment in assigned area
- Capable of reading mechanical or electrical schematics, prints, programmable logic controller (PLC) ladder logic, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics and the use of technical manuals for troubleshooting
- Make preventive maintenance inspections and repairs on all equipment in areas of responsibility
- Working knowledge of plant equipment in area
- Use of Volt-Ohm-Milliammeter (VOM), ammeter, hand tools, conduit bender, megger, and other electrical measuring devices
- Basic electrical wiring
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code® (NEC®) and plant electrical standards
- Terminate and debug 120/480V, and low voltage control circuits
- Good overall written and communication skills
- Basic computer software use (Windows, Microsoft office)
- Basic knowledge of SAP notifications and work order writing, work order completion, and time confirmation
- Possess a Company forklift, Marks lift, and JLG® license
- Be trained and certified in fall protection, and confined space
- Maintain good housekeeping practices
- Must be able to communicate well with other departments to solve inter-departmental problems
- Follow all safety procedures on all equipment including arc flash, lockout/tagout (LOTO), confined space, fall protection and hot work
- Maintain all records as required
- Perform other duties as requested by supervision
Equipment to be Used: All hand tools, power tools, shop tools, precision mobile equipment, electrical and test equipment, and any special tools or equipment required in the development, maintenance, and installation of plant equipment and facilities.
Must have a High School diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). Minimum 3 years of related industrial maintenance experience or will consider Electro-Mechanical/Mechatronic in progress certification with areas of study including:
- Power Transmission and Troubleshooting
- AC Circuits
- DC Circuits
- Electrical Troubleshooting
Must be able to lift 40 pounds on a continuous basis.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.