Location: Columbus, OH
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for their food manufacturing plant in the Columbus, OH Area. this is a union facility and they have openings on all 3 shifts but mainly 2nd and 3rd. They will be looking to go to a 4 on 3 off schedule once the department is staffed up. They have had no layoffs due to covid, and all techs are currently getting hazard pay for working during the pandemic.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on industrial carousels, cutting equipment, compactors and material handling equipment.
- Painting, plumbing, carpentry, wiring 120-240 volt single phase
- Provide maintenance support required to sustain continuous production on the Food Service line.
- Lubricate all machinery with the proper lubricants.
- Change drive belts, timing belts, etc., on all machinery.
- When possible, identify problems before they result in a hazard or downtime situation.
- Able to read and understand diagrams, sketches, operator manuals, manufacturer#39;s instructions, and engineering specifications to troubleshoot problems and proceed in a logical manner to complete the repair.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems and using testing equipment.
- Working knowledge and dexterity with tools, utilities and manufacturing equipment.
- Able to safely service manual and powered hydraulic systems and properly dispose of fluids.
- Completes maintenance invoices and repair records in a CMMS system.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience in an industrial environment handling sanitizing chemicals and non-toxic food products desired.
- Training in forklift and pallet jack operation helpful.
- Must be able to read and comprehend instruction sheets provided with cleaning chemicals; strong mechanical aptitude helpful.
- Passing score on a written test required.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a team.
- Must have visual, auditory, physical and mental ability to operate equipment safely.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com