Salary: $22 - 30/hour, based on experience
We are currently working directly with the hiring manager of a successful food manufacturing company in the Northern Colorado area who has asked us to locate an experienced Maintenance Technician for their 2nd and 3rd shifts. Qualified candidates will be contacted quickly via phone.
Job Summary: Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in commercial or industrial establishments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical breakdowns
• Design and document basic electric circuits and specify parts
• Respond to emergency breakdowns and equipment failures
• Rebuild equipment, gearboxes, pump systems, pneumatics and hydraulic systems
• 0 - 5 years of related industrial electrical and mechanical experience
• Additional training or education is preferred
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule to support 24-hour production operations
• Ability to work in confined spaces at various heights and in prevailing weather conditions
• Understanding of PLC#39;s to be able to troubleshoot
• General knowledge of computer, operating and network systems
• Understand the basics of working around and using High Voltage equipment
• Understand the basics of microprocessor-based equipment, loop controllers, VFD etc..
• Understand electric power formulas and the National Electric Code
• Understand electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics
• Experience welding –Tig, Mig and Stick (a plus, but not required)
• Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
• Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
• Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts following proper safety protocols and procedures.
• Uses proper lock-out tag-out procedures at all times when performing repairs, tests, or installations
• Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
• Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment in adherence to all safety protocols and procedures.
• Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
• Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
• Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
• Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
• Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
• Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.