At Schwans Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That#39;s how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer#39;s homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron, Freschetta, and Tony#39;s pizzas, Pagoda snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith#39;s and Edwards desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at
This position is primarily responsible for properly maintaining and repairing production machinery, mechanical equipment and property in a generalist capacity to ensure continuous and effective operation to include preventative maintenance, welding and fabrication as needed.
If you meet our job qualifications and become a member of our team, we will further train you on the following job duties and provide you with an excellent benefits package.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist our employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match
- Profit Sharing based on company results
- Two weeks paid vacation for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two-year degree in specialized maintenance trade preferred.
Years of Related Experience: 5+ years of related experience
- Advanced mechanical knowledge
- Advanced electrical and basic to advanced building skills
- Ability to read and interpret safety documents, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Experience with high speed manufacturing equipment
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to pass a standardized hands-on mechanical aptitude assessment.
- Must be able to lift up to ninety (90) lbs.