At Schwans Company, we are driven to bring our customers delicious foods and reliable services. That#39;s how we grew from a "one-man-and-a-truck" delivery business in rural Minnesota to a multibillion-dollar private company with thousands of team members nationwide. Our commitment to delicious foods shows in all we do, from careful ingredient selection and quality food making to delivering a great experience wherever you shop and eat.
The foods we make reach customers in many ways. We deliver directly to our customer#39;s homes through our popular food-delivery business, offer well-known retail brands such as Red Baron, Freschetta, and Tony#39;s pizzas, Pagoda snacks and appetizers, and Mrs. Smith#39;s and Edwards desserts, and bring innovative food solutions to our customers in the food-service industry. To learn more, visit us at http://www.schwanscompany.com.
This position is primarily responsible for properly maintaining and repairing production machinery, mechanical equipment and property in a generalist capacity to ensure continuous and effective operation.
If you meet our job qualifications and become a member of our team, we will further train you on the following job duties and provide you with an excellent benefits package.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist our employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match
- Profit Sharing based on company results
- Two weeks paid vacation for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup and tear down equipment; may assist with major repairs, construction, fabrication, and installation of new plant equipment
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on conveyor systems and production machines; troubleshoot malfunctions
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Remove defective parts by dismantling components using hoists and hand and power tools
- Help control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Use SAP to document and communicate with operations
- Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area
- Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two-year degree in specialized maintenance trade preferred.
Years of Related Experience: 0-2 years of related experience
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret safety documents, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
- Ability to add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to pass a standardized hands-on mechanical aptitude assessment.
- Must be able to lift up to ninety (90) lbs.
- Some basic electrical skills preferred
The employing subsidiaries of Schwans Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.