Shift: 2nd Shift
Starting Wage: Pay based on experience
Hours: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 5:00am
This is a full-time position within our manufacturing facility with opportunities for advancement!
Who we are!
Schwans Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron, Tonys, Big Daddys, Villa Prima and Freschetta pizza; Mrs. Smiths and Edwards desserts; and Pagoda Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwans, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwans Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
So whats this job all about?
- Setup and tear down equipment; may assist with major repairs, construction, fabrication, and installation of new plant equipment
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on conveyor systems and production machines; troubleshoot malfunctions
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Remove defective parts by dismantling components using hoists and hand and power tools
- Help control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Use SAP to document and communicate with operations
- Work in a safe manner with a sense of urgency while maintaining a safe and orderly work area
- Participate in and successfully complete management-assigned training directed at increasing job-related trade skills
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required, including but not limited to bump cap, safety glasses/goggles, face shield, face mask, ear plugs, hair and beard nets, gloves and safety shoes or rubber boots
- Conducting yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct
What we want to do for you!
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
- Employee discounts on company products
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two-year degree in specialized maintenance trade preferred.
Years of Related Experience: 0-2 years of related experience
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret safety documents, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to complete work orders and enter the required paperwork into a computer
- Ability to add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate in a professional manner with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to pass a standardized hands-on mechanical aptitude assessment
- Must be able to lift up to ninety (90) lbs
- Some basic electrical skills preferred
If youve made it this far through the description, we think you should just apply already
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.