Maintenance Technician I (2nd Shift 12:30pm - 9:00pm)
Performs a wide variety of general maintenance functions to maintain the functionality of Bakery mechanical and electrical systems, to include Bakery production equipment and general building maintenance.
Assists in the general maintenance of all Bakery mechanical and electrical systems to ensure that Bakery equipment operates reliably and efficiently. Performs preventive maintenance tasks to prevent equipment failures and takes corrective actions to repair equipment and return to service while minimizing machine down time.
- Performs preventive, scheduled and corrective repairs on equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
- Assists production workers in diagnosing malfunctions in systems and equipment. Tests equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime
- Assists in executing major equipment overhauls. Assists in troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatic, plumbing and PLC Software problems.
- Operates general machinery and tools including saws, drills, power tools, scissor lifts, forklifts, etc
- Interacts with and maintains records in accordance with Maintenance Management System requirements and job assignments and communicates via email, all with the use of computer systems.
- Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety and other company programs and procedures, and in compliance with government code and regulations.
- Maintains clean, organized and safe work area, including wipe and washing equipment and tools, sweeping and mopping floors, and trash removal.
- Confers with and coordinates activities with Bakery personnel and other departments to minimize disruptions to production and maintenance schedules.
- Escorts contractors while in the bakery facility on scheduled visits.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
High school diploma with a minimum of 1 year mechanical and/or electrical experience in industrial and manufacturing machinery OR 3 years mechanical and/or electrical experience in industrial and manufacturing machinery
Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment functions, operating procedures and maintenance techniques
Knowledge of equipment set-up, functionality, operating procedures and preventative maintenance techniques
Able to handle multiple tasks with capability of prioritizing and planning work activities.
Must be at least 18 years of age
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
Read, Write, and Math skills
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and must also adapt to frequent changes that occur on the production line
Position requires ability to act as a member of a highly functioning team
Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field
Food manufacturing experience
SAP knowledge and experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance
Navigate up and down stairs
Flexing/Extending/Turning the neck
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work in a hot, cold, wet, frozen, dusty, and loud environment
This position requires an employee to have adequate communication and observational skills
Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
Ability to work Weekends, Holidays and Overtime as required