Are you interested in working for the fastest growing beer company in the US? Do you want to be apart of an innovative team in a brand new state-of-the-art brewing facility? If so, Mark Anthony Brewing has the perfect opportunity for you!
The Maintenance Technician- Electrical is responsible for the daily completion of tasks integral to the operation and overall performance of the Brewery. The maintenance technician performs highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain highly automated and advanced production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the plant’s business goals and objectives.
The Maintenance Technician-Electrical will make certain that Safety and Quality are at the forefront of all activities for both them and their teammates. This role will work closely with other maintenance team members as well as other departments including Operations, Quality and Logistics to ensure daily and weekly tasks are being completed on-time and according to standard operating procedures.
- Complies with all established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of work; including, but not limited to: LOTO, hot work permits, confined space entry, arc flash safety, etc.
- Supports and follows plant food safety program.
- Repair, troubleshoot, improve, and maintain high speed production and packaging line equipment.
- Troubleshoot, adjust, and repair all electrical equipment, solid state circuits, components, logic boards, transducers, amplifiers, and complex timing and inspection devices.
- Complete predictive and preventative maintenance on assigned electrical systems.
- Identify inefficiencies and electrical problems and create work orders to resolve.
- Diagnose causes of malfunctions and corrects through programmable logic controls. Ensures efficient equipment operation through proper line control programming and proactively suggest methods to improve line performance.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair facility power distribution and lighting services.
- Ensure quality standards are met at all times
- Assists with updating wiring schematics.
- Supplies and maintains required hand tools.
- Utilized Computerized Maintenance Management Software for the following:
- Receive and print daily work order assignments
- Track and enter time work against work orders
- Create repair work orders as needed to correct issues in plant systems
- Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
- Performs general electrical work, i.e., conduit, wire sizing, pulling wire, and construction.
- Communicates pertinent information to next shift.
- Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation of waste streams.
- Collect and store warranty parts as directed by the parts room clerk
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes
- Perform other various job duties as required
Role will be required to complete annual JSA, GMP, Safety, and HAACP training.
Accountable for the ongoing management of Process Indicators (PIs) within the scope of the role, and collaboration of cross-functional PI’s and KPIs relating to overall maintenance department performance. Current measures include but are not limited to:
- Schedule Attainment – Target Production vs Actual Production
- Continuous Improvement – Work Order completion
- Cost/Inventory Management – Unplanned Downtime/Emergency repair, PM completion rate
- Maintenance Plan Execution – Work Order Planned vs Completed, MTTR, MTTF
Experience, Education, and Certifications
- Two year technical certification or equivalent experience required
- PLC programming and troubleshooting experience preferred
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on any task.
- Reliable and punctual - must adhere to attendance and absenteeism policy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work while multitasking.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written.
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain a “can-do” and positive attitude.
- Ability to provide and receive open and regular feedback and adjust accordingly.
- Fully accountable owner of self and results.
- Fully understands and able to work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage well under pressure while staying true to the company values.
- Must be able to continuously stand, bend, and twist. Must be able to lift items up to 50 pounds.
- Experience troubleshooting AC/DC drives and high-speed computer controlled production machinery.
- Knowledge of Servos and related controllers including hydraulic and pneumatic, temperature controls.
- Application of high-level quality standards.
- Superior attention to safe work practices.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD preferred
- Precision machining skills and welding ability preferred
- Strong computer skills required; Microsoft Office Suite and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems experience
- Working knowledge of the following areas: nomenclature of all assigned equipment.
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- May require ability to operate a forklift and/or scissor lift.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to concentrate and pay attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct.
- Maintains an awareness of and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Requires working with or near energized 480 VAC circuits.
- Fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
- Must have sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of time.
- Works in confined area(s).
- Works alone at times.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
- Subject to extreme heat/cold temperatures
- Required to work an assigned2-2-3 schedule, 12 hour days or nights (weekends and holidays), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Ability to push/pull/move up to 50+ lbs.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs throughout the workday.
- Excellent hand / eye coordination including manual dexterity
This position has been identified as a safety sensitive position within the state of Arizona.