fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that creates great-tasting, nutrition-rich and value-added products to nourish consumers.
With more than $1B in annual retail sales, fairlife s growing portfolio of delicious, lactose-free, real dairy products includes: fairlife ultra-filtered milk; Core Power High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife nutrition plan , a nutrition shake to support the journey to better health; and fairlife Light Ice Cream.
A wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola company, fairlife, LLC has been recognized by both Fast Company and Nielsen for its industry leading innovation.
The company is driven by its values of caring for the people, animals, and planet it touches across its business. By providing nourishing products, implementing stringent care standards for animals, and stewarding efficient operations and responsible packaging, fairlife, LLC puts a focus each day on making a positive impact for all.
To learn more about fairlife and its complete line of products, please visit fairlife.com.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information: fairlife, LLC complies with the federal contractor COVID-19 vaccination mandate, which requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022, except for those with documented and approved medical or religious accommodations. Prior to starting with fairlife, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be at least partially vaccinated against COVID-19 and in the process of getting fully vaccinated; (ii) be able to provide fairlife with proof of vaccination, or (iii) have applied for and received a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
Maintenance technicians will work independently and with other plant personnel to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. They will troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain plant machinery and equipment such as valves, conveyors, compressors, and pumps.
- Troubleshoot, repair or replace control devices such as switches, photo eyes, proximity sensors, pushbuttons, contactors, motor starters, etc. as needed
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments.
- Fabrication and modification of new and existing equipment.
- Participates in plant safety, health and environmental programs.
- Completes work through review of reports, frequent site inspections and conferences with operations and vendors regarding electrical & plumbing equipment, HVAC systems, electric motors, ventilating fans, air conditioning and electrical control units.
- Responsible for maintaining/operating Air Compressors, Boiler and all PM related programs
- Investigates the condition of buildings, equipment and grounds, and recommends improvements in the facilities to ensure that needs are met.
- Knowledge of computer software programs, PLC programming and Pneumatics, preferred
- Must be willing to work a changing shift schedule and weekends if required including on call list.
- Other duties may be assigned by management as needed.
- Have at least 3 years experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics and basic electrical repair.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
- Ability to write detailed repair reports as well as good verbal communication.
- Post-secondary education and/or a technical trade certificate is an asset.
- Experience in the operation of a dairy plant is an asset.
- Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, and the ability to learn how to effectively use maintenance software to input data and research parts.
working conditions and physical requirements:
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations up to 75 feet.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Fair Oaks, IN
reports to: Plant Manager
travel requirements: Minimal
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email careers fairlife.com.