Feel Good Careers @ Sabra Dipping Company
Sabra started at a small factory in Astoria, New York, but we always knew we were onto something big. As a joint venture between Strauss Group and PepsiCo, we’ve grown to be the number one Hummus company in the world. If you have a real passion for food and think Hummus is as magical as we do, join our team.
We offer comprehensive benefits, a great company culture, and a diverse group of people who take ownership to create something awesome. We are committed to individuals ‘being at their best’ by bringing fresh ideas to the table and turning their passion for food into results that matter.
Dip into This Role
- Responsible for all assigned maintenance tasks to include task planning, equipment repair, troubleshooting, quality assurance, schedule adherence and work follow-up.
- Repair and troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment used to make a food product.
- Perform planned, routine, or emergency mechanical or electrical repairs on the equipment as assigned.
- Develop expertise in area assigned and act as the subject matter expert for the equipment within; including training other maintenance technicians and operators on routine maintenance tasks.
- Identify improvement opportunities as related to increasing availability, productivity and reliability of process, filling and packaging equipment.
- Maintain the equipment in industry standard best of class operating condition and identify and resolve gaps to achieve peak condition.
- Accept written and verbal direction from supervisors in maintenance and operations department.
Recipe for Success
- Ability to express basic electronic, mechanical and hydraulic principles used in electrician, maintenance mechanic, and maintenance technician work assignments.\u2028\u2028
- Experience in industrial maintenance (electrical & mechanical) and troubleshooting procedures preferred. Experience with troubleshooting and maintaining logic control systems a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting automated equipment, including sensors, valves, pumps, discrete I/O, PLCs and VFDs. Experience troubleshooting and repairing 480v 3phase electrical motors and circuits.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is required; more advanced skills and specific experience with SAP are preferred.
- Experience in previous roles with Reliability Centered Maintenance, Preventive Maintenance, Predictive Maintenance, and training/development for the organization.
- Must deal courteously and effectively with individuals from all manufacturing departments including staff, vendors, contractors, operators, craft workers, and supervisors.
- Ability to lift and carry products and/or equipment of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a 12 hour shift schedule on nights within a 24x7 operation (includes weekends, evenings, and holidays)
We celebrate an inclusive environment and provide equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran or uniform service member, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and/or local law.