Hiring- Maintenance Technician, Starting at $27.50 / hour. All shifts
(medical, dental, vision, 401K, plus more)
This position is available for a qualified individual with proven maintenance skills. Responsibilities include efficient maintenance and repair of all mixing/blending, processing, packaging and support equipment. Conducts preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and assisting with other projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities\:
Ensure that all production lines/equipment is set up & ready for operation prior to each production day
- Repair, install, adjust or maintain machines in a fast-paced time critical environment.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and repairs.
- Generate & complete unplanned work orders as required. Completed planned work orders as assigned.
- Maintain work area, maintenance shop, stock room, tool storage, parts and supplies.
- Complete written and/or CMMS entries accurately and completely as a historical record of work performed
- Enter work requests for future planned work in the CMMS
- Responsible for troubleshooting and providing immediate preventative and corrective maintenance support to production lines.
- Rebuild and fabricate parts and assemblies.
- Perform facility maintenance and maintain clean and safe work environment throughout the plant.
- Perform equipment change-overs and production line set ups.
- Follow GMPs (good manufacturing practices) and other quality programs as they relate to the maintenance department
- Use equipment such as\: hand tools, power tools, welders, electrical test equipment. PLC interface, HMI (Human Machine Interface), diagnostic equipment, fork lift, etc.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and as a member of a team
- Strictly adhere to all Safety policies (i.e. Lock Out Tag Out, Machine Guarding, etc.)
- Committed to ensuring that the products produced meet all food safety and quality requirements
- Develop & maintain an efficient and effective relationship with all internal and external customers.
- Communicate professionally with all internal and external associates
- Willing to work overtime when workloads require
- Other duties and cross training as assigned.
Willing to work any shift (8 or 12 hours); exact shift/hours to be determined.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be a self-starter capable of working in a team-based environment.
Education / Experience
High school diploma, or GED; two or more years related experience in a food manufacturing facility. Aseptic processing and high-speed form/fill/seal packaging preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical parts and service manuals, blue prints, electrical and pneumatic schematics, and P&ID (pipping & instrumentation diagram) drawings. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
To perform in this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of business software, and manufacturing software (HMIs, PLCs, and manufacturing controls).
Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
Knowledge and Skills\:
Candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of systems having a high level of instrumentation and automation. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is beneficial. Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial. Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, and be proficient with MS Excel software. Experience with a CMMS is also beneficial.
Exceptional mechanical skills/aptitude, understanding of electrical principles and related test equipment and safe troubleshooting required. A willingness to learn is also essential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/ or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice