Job Title: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN 3rd Shift
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
We offer a SIGN-ON BONUS, quarterly bonuses and comprehensive benefits package: Medical - Dental - Vision - Paid Time Off - Disability - Life and AD&D - 401k With Match - Profit Sharing - Health & Flex Spending Accounts - Employee Assistance Program - Wellness Program - Fitness Reimbursement - Education Assistance - Employee Referral Bonus
COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: The maintenance technician performs duties to maintain and repair a variety of production and facility equipment. The maintenance technician works from daily job assignments, prints, schematics, wiring diagrams, machine manuals, sketches, and instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other Duties may be assigned.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment breakdowns involving mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic components.
- Tear down equipment, rebuild and replace defective parts and component units such as: motors, gear boxes, clutches, bearings, and electrical units as needed, reassemble and make final equipment adjustments.
- Perform regular checks on all building equipment such as pumps, boilers, compressors, water Towers and power system as required.
- Work closely with production personnel or service technicians on equipment repairs.
- Complete simple fabrication of machine parts as required and requisition repair parts as needed.
- Trouble shoot electrical wiring systems, run lines, make connections, install proper safety devices and provide for necessary outlets and switches.
- Install and hook-up production equipment, exercising care as to size of motors, voltage requirements, and balance circuits for proper power distribution.
- Assist outside contractors on on-site projects.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Responsible for food product quality and safety.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required. Candidates having taken related courses through technical or trade schools, including in-house training is strongly preferred. Trade school certification in a related field such as Industrial Electronics/Electricians is a plus.
- Experience required for using drill press, grinders, hand power tools, micrometers, calipers, welding equipment, measuring tools, and a variety of hand tools.
- Ability to use mathematics together with the analytical use of complicated machine drawings and uses various types of precision measuring instruments such as calipers or micrometers.
- Must be able to perform on call duty on any shift and work overtime on short-notice basis. Long-term, temporary assignments to any shift may be required to maintain manufacturing processes.
- Continuous standing, walking, and reaching.
- Intermittent crouching/stooping, pushing/pulling, bending and lifting/lowering.
- Intermittent lifting of over 50 pounds without assistance or up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to work in a continuously hot environment.
- Must be able to work full time on an ongoing basis.
- Duties are performed with some exposure to noise, lubricants, and chemicals. May also work in areas that are confined, dusty, and dirty or requiring personal protective equipment.