Department: MFG Maintenance
Position Reports To: MFG Maintenance Resource Leader
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: Hourly
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Anderson Bakery, a Kroger Company, is in the city of Anderson in the beautiful area of Upstate South Carolina. We have been in business since 1979 and are currently producing bread, muffins, and rolls for Kroger grocery stores in the southeast. Under new leadership, our facility has seen significant improvement in the last year in terms of process reliability, efficiency, and average run time and are continuing to improve our key plant indicators and our plant culture.
Why work at the Anderson Bakery?
To supportand reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional, and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, vacation, mental health resources, associate discounts, and opportunities to learn, grow and advance.
If you are passionate, driven and want to make positive change, then we want you to come work for us and help us continue to drive the positive impacts our plant has been experiencing over the last year!
Perform tasks related to preventative maintenance, mechanical machine repairs, inspection and testing of equipment, building maintenance and specific projects. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the companys core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in the facility.
- Set up and use of machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill press and milling machine to repair or fabricate parts.
- Troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facility equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Complete assigned work orders.
- Maintain maintenance area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Utilize maintenance systems as necessary to complete daily, weekly, monthly duties.
- Operate material handling equipment safely.
- Enter information in the systems to document work order completion.
- Provide support to team in the predictive and preventative maintenance program.
- Participate and actively support all plant initiatives.
- Organize and define tasks with minimal supervision.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient knowledge and ability in welding, as well as electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Strong attention to detail with high degree of accuracy and precision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Basic computer use knowledge and skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Flexible to work any shift as needed
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- 2+ years maintenance mechanic experience