• Completes preventive maintenance program independently as assigned.
• Assists other maintenance personnel on special fabrication or construction projects; may perform corrective maintenance on plant and equipment.
• Conducts daily greasing and oiling of plant equipment and painting.
• Replaces equipment parts with little or no direction; gearbox rebuild, piping skills, replace packing, rebuild pumps.
• Rewires motors and performs basic electrical work.
• Maintains clean, neat, and orderly work area at all times.
• Responsible for using assigned personal protective equipment and required safety equipment; responsible for being familiar with and observing all Company safety rules and regulations.
• Attends regularly scheduled safety meetings and may be asked to serve on Safety Committee.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Basic knowledge of general maintenance and equipment operations.
• General mechanical aptitude; possess basic 480 electric skills.
• Good math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
• open to weekends 12 hour shift (4 on and 2 off).
• tolerance for wet and or slippery floors and high heat or cold temperatures.