Job Title: Maintenance Team Lead
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Backup: Operations Manager
COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: The Maintenance Team Lead is responsible for maintaining building structures and systems, grounds, sanitation, wastewater, fabrication, forklift repair and set up and repairs of production and support equipment. This position is also responsible for scheduling work assignments with direction from the Maintenance Supervisor, Operations manager, to department personnel ensuring timely completion of all maintenance to buildings, equipment, and grounds with the expectation to catch all shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage general repairs such as: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, welding and other associated jobs
- Fabricate and modify parts as needed for plant and production equipment.
- Manage changeovers and repairs of the production lines
- Document all tasks performed; maintenance, repairs and inspections
- Maintain proper usage of inventory system and Maximo CMMS.
- Recommend changes/ additions to PMs, job plans, safety programs and SOPs.
- Ensure job assignments are scheduled to personnel by priority and review work performed for completeness and proper technique.
- Provide quarterly feedback to Maintenance Supervisor in regards to improper work performance
- Order the shutdown of equipment and/or personnel work stoppage due to:
a. Unacceptable safety conditions
b. Mechanical problems which would be detrimental to the equipment if allowed to continue operating
- Assist Purchasing Agent in maintaining and identifying proper levels of stock items.
- Conducts or participates in Root Cause Analysis Sessions
- Supports 5s focus areas in the facility
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5-7 years of related manufacturing experience, preferably in the food industry.
- Knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Office Suite, ERP and CMMS programs.
- Ability to source repair parts and order when necessary
- Ability to troubleshoot machinery and support systems.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and electrical ladder diagrams
- Proper usage of hand and power tool, shop and industrial machines
- Fabrication and welding experience is desired
- Communicate and work well with others through mentoring and coaching.
- Offer delegation to accomplish maintenance department goals
- Ability to program and troubleshoot PLCS
- Heavy lifting required up to 75lbs with or without reasonable accommodation is required.