Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Oversees all aspects of the maintenance department, production lines and affiliated equipment, building and grounds. Schedule work and manpower to meet production demands., maintain the preventative maintenance system and work toward meeting or exceeding the plants safety and uptime goals. Control maintenance expenses by monitoring overtime and parts expenses weekly.
Establish and maintain mechanical integrity and equipment reliability programs to ensure employee safety provide environmental security and maximize the plants availability, product quality, and cost effectiveness. Other primary duties include: ownership of the plants PM/PdM activities; leadership of equipment performance tracking and repair/improvement prioritization; technical guidance and coaching of mechanical craftsmen; and engineering support of maintenance and capital projects.
- Plan and schedule work force efficiently for utilization of employees.
- Monitor downtime occurrences to maintain consistent operations.
- Monitor the efficiencies of the production lines, paying special attention for maintenance and mechanical trends.
- Train, motivate and direct employees to adhere to safe work methods and standard
- procedures to ensure efficient utilization of employees.
- Promote teamwork to achieve Company#39;s goals and objectives
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with USDA officials
- Control labor costs
- Purchase of supplies and repair parts with regard to quality
- Control departmental overtime
- Monitor the machinery and equipment to ensure safety of the employees
- Enforce the plant#39;s safety program.
- Compliance to all OSHA safety regulations and standards
- Maintaining equipment for efficient operation within maintenance budget; operating within the constraint of the union contract and USDA regulations
- Seeks continuous improvement in the Maintenance Department employees and the efficiencies of the production lines.
- Assumes full ownership of predictive and preventive maintenance activities including oil analysis, vibration analysis, engine-compressor analysis, and infrared thermography.
- Continuously evaluates PM/PDM activities and frequencies to ensure optimum use of manpower and resources in maximizing equipment reliability.
- Involves all associates in a team concept, keeping personnel safety, food safety and uptime as the top priorities.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, Bachelors degree (B.S.) in Mechanical engineering or other technical degree program preferred
- 3-5 years of previous maintenance experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blue prints, schematics, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge and experience with Preventative Maintenance programs. Knowledge of Electronic and Electrical principals.
- Experienced at writing: employee appraisals/evaluations, Maintenance procedures and Job Descriptions.
- Must be computer literate.
- CAD/Drafting experience desirable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.