The Maintenance Supervisor is accountable to hire required mechanics, organize schedules, and assign work activity based upon priorities at hand. He/she performs training as required for mechanics to effectively work in the areas of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, plumbing, refrigeration, ventilation and other building and equipment systems. The position is responsible for evaluating problematic equipment within the facility and determines what repair services and parts are needed to prevent downtime. These duties include performing initial evaluations of equipment and building systems and distributing work assignments accordingly.
Additional responsibilities include the development and implementation of a CMMS program complete with a preventative maintenance program, parts management, work instructions and labor allocation. Supervisor must evaluate each worker#39;s performance to ensure quality operations. They may also investigate accidents and prepare relevant reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ensures that all OSHA and the Company’s EHS Managers’ required safety policies, procedures and guidelines are met. Provides all PPE required across the various tasks being performed by mechanics.
• Verifies the efficiency of each machine through the review of Production and Maintenance Daily Shift Reports. Identifies problem areas and takes appropriate actions to resolve downtime issues while putting additional safeguards in place to prevent recurrence of downtime through an effective PM program.
• Completes maintenance jobs in priority order of food safety, employee safety and equipment reliability using the highest standards of efficiency. Ensures prompt repairs by responding to emergency breakdowns with a sense of urgency.
• Ensures department remains on budget through effective tracking of spending each week, month and YTD.
• Maintains and upholds the quality standards of the organization through superior repairs versus temporary fixes using appropriate materials for the task at hand.
• Keeps a record of all maintenance, parts and service costs associated with repairs of each key piece of equipment. Reviews with subordinates the weekly maintenance schedule.
• Staffs the maintenance department according to budgetary constraints and schedules direct reports effectively, balancing the skills of each employee to maximize response time to various downtime scenarios. Review regularly the performance of each mechanic with the individual, developing a performance improvement plan as necessary.
• Interacts with all other departments to ensure the proper functioning of all equipment in the facility. Develops and implements both an emergency and ongoing work order system for repairs.
• Develop and execute training plan for maintenance workers.
• Promote communication as well as good relations between the production and the maintenance departments.
• Ensure housekeeping, productivity, and quality of work standards are maintained, most especially within the mechanical maintenance department. Target of 98% reliability is maintained at all times.
• Must hold safety and quality to the highest standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The following list that follows is representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
• Strong leadership and organizational skills to coordinate multiple projects and lead change.
• Solid facilitation skills coupled with strong problem-solving skills.
• Effectively delegates and controls work of mechanics.
• Self-motivated individual capable of identifying operational issues and making rapid change to improve efficiency in an ever-changing environment.
• Influences others to accomplish objectives.
• Exceptional human relations skills and the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
Conveys enthusiasm about meeting company goals and objectives and deadlines.
• Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
• Familiarity with Microsoft suite of products.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute.
• Results oriented.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Complete working knowledge of the manufacturing process, typically resulting from a minimum of oneyear experience in related jobs.
• Education - High School diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering a plus.
• 3-5 years of Maintenance Supervision experience in a fast paced, high speed food manufacturing environment. Bakery background is a plus.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This position works in a manufacturing setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. The employee is exposed to airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully preform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is an Exempt position.