Ambassador Personnel, Inc. is seeking an experienced Engineering (Maintenance) Supervisor to join our clients progressive, fast paced team in the Kansas City Metro area. The primary function of this role plans, assigns, supervises and directs activities of subordinates in the Maintenance Department. Requires constant interaction with work group and other departments at the primary work location to ensure needs are met in a timely manner. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect effect on product safety, legality and/or quality.
• Ensures plant facility and equipment are maintained according to standards.
• Assists Engineering Manager or Engineering Superintendent in the performance of assigned duties.
• Plans, assigns, and supervises work of Engineering Personnel on assigned shift.
• Trains new employees in accordance with established training programs and plant procedures. Demonstrates procedures unique to plant operations.
• Supervises and/or participates in the repair and maintenance of all plant machine and equipment.
• Reads, understands, and implements schematics and mechanical drawings.
• Maintains good employee relations.
• Promotes established safety programs and insure safe operating procedures and monitor employee compliance.
• Ensures that work areas are cleaned and organized during assigned shift.
• Ensures compliance with all Company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, Sarbanes Oxley, etc.)
• Performs other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
• 1-2 years experience in plant maintenance and engineering. Demonstrated knowledge in Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning; Refrigeration, Welding, Electronic/Electrical Equipment repair, Industrial Equipment installation, start-up, repair, etc.
• Associate Degree in Electronics/Electrical Technology and/or equivalent formal training and work experience Completion of formal management skills training program.
Ambassador Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other attribute protected by law.