Position Function and Scope: Del Monte Foods, Inc. (DMFI) is a multi-national food company headquartered in Walnut Creek, CA, with a powerful portfolio of brands, including iconic Del Monte®, Contadina® and College Inn®. Our premium-quality meal ingredients, snacks and beverages can be found in six out of ten U.S. households. At Del Monte Foods, we believe in supporting one another. In helping our people shape their own careers - in letting them grow outward, upward and across disciplines. We are tending to the greater good, providing accessible, nourishing, great-tasting food for all. We are Del Monte Foods – Growers of Good.
* Directs workers engaged in performing repairs to canning and labeling equipment.
* Interprets company policies to workers and enforces Safety and Good Manufacturing Policies.
* Implementation of established safety training program with weekly meetings of designated mechanics.
* Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
* Schedules and supervises work to achieve readiness of equipment to meet Production requirements.
* Schedules mechanics for time and shift.
* Develop, write, and submit capital and economic return projects. Manage projects from start to finish. Includes developing bid packages, negotiating contracts and following Del Monte Foods procurement procedures.
* Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
* Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
* Quality and Food Safety – Overall responsible for finished product quality, food safety and legality, within functional area. Maintains standards and adjust processes to meet Del Monte standards and customer expectations.
* Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Del Monte Foods Quality Systems to assure compliance with quality and food safety requirements.
* Manage, develop, and update PM’s, Work Orders, Notifications, and Plans in the CMMS.
* Work with Maintenance Planner to complete planning and scheduling of Maintenance Operations
* Technical reference for Best Practices and development of Maintenance Operations standards
* Review KPI’s with corrective actions driven by KPI measures.
* Other related duties as required. Qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical engineering or other technical degree program preferred.
* 3-5 years of previous maintenance experience preferred
* Previous supervisory experience required.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, schematics, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Ability to calculate figures.
* Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Knowledge and experience with Preventative Maintenance programs. Knowledge of Electronic and Electrical principals.
* Experienced at writing: employee appraisals/evaluations, Maintenance procedures and Job Descriptions.
* Must be computer literate.
* CAD/Drafting experience desirable. WE OFFER
* Competitive salary.
* Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k). Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/). Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position. No sponsorship is available for this position. No agencies or 3rd party vendors. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled