Home Market Foods is a dynamic food manufacturing company that is the market leader in a number of meat-based meal and snack categories. We have grown substantially across our markets through excellence in innovation, operations, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by our ownership group and an expanding team of world-class leaders. HMF is building on our track record through complementary acquisitions and a growing number of business development initiatives. HMF's business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater opportunities for our customers and team.
With corporate headquarters in Needham, MA and a manufacturing facility in Norwood, MA, we are comfortably located within the Boston metropolitan area.
We are growing at a rapid rate, and our success is directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible talent across our functions. To this end, we are posting for a strong Maintenance Supervisor. This role will be based in our Norwood, MA manufacturing facility.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Maintenance Supervisor oversees preventive, predictive and planned maintenance activities.
- Trains and develops staff and ensures staff's exceptional response to equipment failures and emergencies
- Identifies opportunities to improve process and packaging methods, efficiency and productivity
- Collaborates with quality team to raise facility health, safety and sanitation standards
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies, particularly USDA and environmental
- 2+ years in a supervisory or lead capacity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with the following technologies:
- Spiral freezers
- Impingement ovens
- Form fill and seal, vertical bag makers, statistical weighters
- Ammonia refrigeration
- HVAC systems
- Wastewater treatment
- Steam distribution
- Pneumatic systems and controls
- Electrical distribution, controls, PLC's
- Experience working in the food manufacturing industry preferred
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment where a broad range of tasks may be required
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must possess a strong safety ethic
- Must be able to work in a cold environment and in confined spaces. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish or Portuguese a plus!
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds without difficulty.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment and in tight areas.
- This position requires participation in our mandatory respiratory protection program with respect to some essential tasks. Performance of confined space entry is also required with respect to some tasks which are essential to this job.