Since 1935, we’ve been on a mission to bring a little extra happiness to everyday life and inspire connections over food. We select the finest ingredients the world has to offer, craft premium products made with love, and never settle for shortcuts. We believe that when we share our food, we share a part of ourselves — and that’s the only way we’d put our name on it.
Today, our small family company has grown into a national leader in specialty olives, peppers, and sauces under the leadership of CEO Jeff Mezzetta, and our commitment to quality has never wavered. With an 80-year legacy behind us and a bright future ahead, we’re seeking passionate, driven candidates to help us bring our cherished family traditions to a new generation.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Core Ingredients:
- Crunchy Crunchy: We are hungry for excellence.
- Own It: We think and act as an owner – with appetite, initiative, and responsibility.
- Connection: We build authentic relationships that foster trust and open communications.
- Vibrance: We come to work eager and passionate about fulfilling our vision. When we share our work, we share a part of who we are.
The Maintenance Supervisor is fundamental to a successful operation. Starting with leading the maintenance team to support the production lines and machinery required to make our products at the highest quality for the lowest costs. The Maintenance Supervisor continually looks to improve their own skills and those of the team’s. Team training and development is a crucial focus in ensuring a continuous improvement environment that promotes changes that reinforces the Mezzetta beliefs.
- Build and lead a high performance team that puts Mezzetta’s culture into action
- Develop, implement and manage maintenance programs and procedures
- Ensure the safety of maintenance personnel in accordance with local, state and company rules and regulations.
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance.
- Apply continuous improvement strategies to stay up to date with leadership best practices and concepts.
- Constantly seek ways to improve results in all areas including Safety, Quality and productivity
- Keep people informed and up to date on issues and upcoming projects as appropriate.
- University undergraduate degree preferred
- 3+ years of leadership or supervisory role
- 5+ years in maintenance capacity in food industry (2 years waived with Technical Degree)
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Possess skills to communicate in Spanish preferred but not required
- Mechanical aptitude on high speed food processing equipment
- Strong knowledge of computers including Microsoft office suite
- Proven experience as a maintenance leader
- Solid understanding of technical aspects of mechanics, plumbing, electrical systems.
- The work environment is a food manufacturer. The role may experience a wide range of ambient temperatures and humidity.
- It is also likely that the you may be exposed to strong odors and fumes from hot peppers and other flavorful products processed within the facility.
- The position requires lengthy periods of standing, walking bending stooping, climbing stairs and possible working elevated platforms.
- The position may require using a workman cage to reach high elevated areas as needed.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace:
At Mezzetta, we embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment where you know you belong. Part of that commitment includes a zero-tolerance policy and being an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Mezzetta are solely based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, family or parental status, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law. All of us share in the responsibility of fulfilling this commitment and creating a culture where our team can thrive.