Mucci Farms is an industry leader with greenhouses in two countries, equipped with world-class technology and a dedicated team of over 1200. Our humble beginnings started over 60 years ago when two brothers from Italy immigrated to Canada with a passion to grow fresh, flavourful, fruits and vegetables. A generation later, Tony and Gino’s children have taken the company to new heights with a variety of commodities, aggressive expansions and the launch of Mucci International Marketing Inc., the Sales & Marketing arm of the organization.
Bert, Danny and their cousin Gianni Mucci partnered with close family friend Joe Spano to grow our company into a substantial, award-winning leader in the greenhouse industry. With an emphasis on efficiency, we make significant investments in state-of-the-art automation and robotics to provide consumers with the highest level of food safety and maximum shelf life for all of our products. Vertically integrated from seed to retail, Mucci Farms owns and operates over 250-acres of tomato, pepper, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce and strawberry greenhouses in Kingsville, Ontario and Huron, Ohio. We also have a global network of over 1500 acres with partner growers.
Mucci Farms is hiring for:
Title: Electrical Mechanical Maintenance Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Based at: Mimi Farms, Inc. – Huron, OH
Type of Employment: Full-Time, permanent, 5 - 6 days a week to a minimum of 44 hrs/wk; Additional hours may include Saturdays, depending on workload and priorities.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Leads maintenance department and directs maintenance activities related to facility and equipment repair and installation.
- Communicates daily with operations personnel to prioritize maintenance activities and escalates issues as required.
- Coordinates work of outside contractors and ensures that the facility operates in a safe and efficient manner providing the best cost reduction solutions.
- Maintain PM schedule that ensures machine reliability and coordination with production schedule needs
- Ensures that all maintenance documentation is correctly completed and updated regularly
- Sources equipment, tooling and spare parts. Participates in new equipment purchases and responsible for the coordination of "Pre-Start Review" on all new equipment.
- Coordinates maintenance requests to ensure that required routine, emergency & preventive maintenance is completed on time, and directs the implementation of corrective action to prevent schedule deviation in order to meet due dates.
- Develops and implements new methods, systems, policies & procedures to ensure efficient and effective operation of maintenance activities.
- Communicates and coordinates with other departments and vendors with regards to all maintenance issues and reports maintenance or equipment related concerns to Management.
- Hires, trains, develop and mentors’ maintenance team to ensure a productive, efficient and competent workforce to meet scheduled requirements in a safe environment.
- Responsible to ensure all training and SOP’s are completed within the department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Educational background in mechanical or engineering technology (diploma or degree), coupled with a Millwright and/or Electrician license (or equivalent) is considered an asset
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience and responsibility in plant maintenance.
- Minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory role is required.
- Solid trouble-shooting and problem solving skills and experience with preventative (predictive) maintenance.
- Progressive approach to maintenance and process improvement driven
- Ability to prioritize, plan and schedule work effectively with a production team in a fast paced environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work independently
- TPM experience, HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing experience would be an asset.
- Experience working with PLC, Hydraulics and Pneumatics would be an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Windows and MS Office suite
- Knowledgeable of OSHA regulations
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy material (up to 50 lbs.).
- Must be able to climb stairs and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms, and/or legs.
- As our facilities are temperature controlled to approximately 55°F or 13°C, must be able to work in that environment.
Job Requirements: The incumbent will be committed to customer service excellence and leading by example. A positive attitude in the workplace is required as is the ability to adhere to all human resources, operational and food and health safety policies and procedures.
Note: This description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined and other duties may be assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
At Mucci Farms, employee health and safety is our top priority. We are adhering to CDC,State, and local orders with regard to COVID-19.