Direct the maintenance function to maximize overall plant performance. Coordinate equipment repairs and operation improvement projects.
• Administer an effective maintenance program for all Plant equipment and systems minimizing downtime and maximizing product output within established quality limits
• Develop hourly personnel by directing their performance to ever-improving levels. Stay responsive to subordinate needs and clearly communicate expectations.
• Support Plant Safety Programs by responding to unsafe conditions and monitoring Dept. practices
• Ensure the proper preventative maintenance is performed. Monitor the Preventative Maintenance Program for effectiveness, keeping all records and actions current
• Ensure compliance with all Government and Corporate guidelines
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Assures that activities which could affect food safety are accomplished as outlined in the plant’s food safety and SQF program.
• Assures that the supervisor involved properly investigates all injuries, incidents and accidents as they relate to safety or the environment.
• Consult with the plant Safety/Environmental Management Representative as necessary to fulfill program requirements.
• Review all repair and food safety work orders or issues with the objective of taking action to eliminate future occurrences, and with verification that the resolution was effective.
• High School diploma, ideally technical education and/or certificates
• Must have mechanical aptitude
• Basic math skills, ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide
• Prior experience supervising others, 3 years’ experience desired
• Problem solving and multitasking skills