2nd Shift Maintenance Supervisor Needed.... Up to 60k with OT pay, high speed manufacturing required
• Oversee the activities of maintenance team members so that quality, sanitation standards, safety standards, production procedures, and scheduling requirements meet standards. Includes Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
• Assign and monitor progress of work orders to ensure quality and timely completion.
• Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment included but not limited to the following:
• Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment according to Work orders (Micro Main).
• Perform advanced machinist duties and responsibilities.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Operate IQF freezers and packaging line equipment, ammonia refrigeration.
• Occasional welding and fabrication.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and perform the necessary adjustments.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Responsible to work as a team member and accountable for production goals (waste, productivity, quality, safety and control expenses).
• Prepare applicable reports concerning activities as required and assure that all reports are complete and accurate.
• Train or delegate training of employees as required. Evaluate skills and performance of employees and make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
• Ensure employees follow all food safety and personal safety procedures.
• Make suggestions regarding improvements in production methods, including use of available personnel.
• Keep Maintenance Manager informed of all situations, activities, and deviations from normal operations.
• Quickly gain proficiency when new procedures, equipment, methods, etc. are added or changed.
• Promote a positive team environment.
• Maintain communication at shift change between team members regarding any situations that may have or may impact facility operations.
• Assure all company quality standards are maintained.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
• Variable temperature conditions.
• Variable noise levels.
• Mainly indoors/some outdoors.
• Must be available to occasionally come on the off-shift or on weekends.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
• Prior experience in the food industry preferred
• Experience in high-speed packing.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively.
• Knowledge of basic math and coskills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills, ability to effectively train, plan, assign and monitor.
• Advanced electro-mechanical hands-on skills must be readily demonstrated;
• Some PLC knowledge (troubleshooting) required.
• Basic understanding of HACCP and food safety concepts.