3rd Shift Supervisor: 9:45pm- 6:00am
Mission Foods is seeking a talented 3rd Shift Maintenance Supervisor for its Hayward, CA Facility. This position Supervises Leads and Mechanics in their daily activities. Repairs, installs and performs preventive maintenance on all production equipment to ensure that such equipment is always in good operable condition. Uses electrical and mechanical expertise to trouble shoot, repair, install and perform preventive and interactive maintenance on all production equipment accessories to ensure that all equipment is always in good operable condition.
- Develop, implement and follow-up plans to accomplish departmental goals and objectives.
- Perform safety and sanitation audits and participate as an active member in the safety, quality and food safety committees.
- Conduct training sessions for the department employees as needed.
- Monitor and ensure work order system operates effectively (ensure safety, food safety and other operational work orders are addressed promptly).
- Ensure equipment performs in a safety manner and complies with all the OSHA regulations.
- Keep employees informed on factors relating to their work assignment, work progress, and opportunity for advancement.
- Responsible to maintain and improve the preventive maintenance program and ensures the preventive maintenance scheduled is followed accordingly
- Responsible to ensure all plant equipment is properly maintained per manufacturer recommendations and in accordance with the preventive maintenance schedule
- Responsible to modify and/or suggest modifications to the equipment upon management approval, to improve its overall performance, safety or food safety operation.
- Train mechanics and production personnel in troubleshooting techniques and equipment operation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read electrical diagrams, have good electrical skills on power and control.
- Proficiency in electrical and PLC troubleshooting/programming.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal electric codes.
- Experience with regulatory inspectors: AIB, BRC, OSHA, Military, Health Department, EPA, City & County Inspectors).
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions
- Team supervision/leadership/development/training skills
- Multicultural approach to operating in a diverse business environment. Comfortable communicating and operating within an internationally matrixes environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work night shift required
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required. 3 years of experience in Maintenance in a manufacturing plant required. Bakery or food/beverage manufacturing preferred. With a minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity (or 4 years as a lead) in a manufacturing environment required. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above
Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications. Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, call 972.232.5200 to let us know the nature of your request.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000 to $65,000 /year