Position Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time ?
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for coaching, leading, and developing their team of hourly employees. The incumbent is responsible for their team’s performance in safety, product quality, production output, housekeeping, sanitation, cost control, employee relations, and for effective communication relevant the team’s performance and the attainment of plant goals.
- 3+ years of leadership experience in mechanical maintenance, a degree or diploma in the field of Mechanical Maintenance, or a relevant combination of qualifications and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a variety of unrelated projects with a results-focused orientation, to think logically, and to have well developed problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Sound working knowledge of safety regulations (OSHA).
- Proficient computer skills in programs such as MS Office
- Familiarity with the use of a structured CMMS, such as SAP.
- Sound organizational skills to plan/forecast maintenance activities around Production schedules and shutdowns.
- Understand and promote sound Preventative and Predictive Maintenance Programs
- Other projects/duties as assigned or required.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical systems, welding/fabricating, and components of a manufacturing operation.
- Experience with conveyor systems, pump hydraulics, and packaging equipment.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment and complying with safety rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strict adherence to all safety-related policies, rules, and regulations, along with the Code of Conduct.
- Provide leadership and supervision for a team of Mechanical Technicians
- Read and interpret Equipment Operation and Maintenance Manuals, ensuring proper operation and maintenance is performed for longevity of the equipment.
- Promote proactive maintenance processes and develop strategies that will drive continuous improvement from an operational standpoint and increase the reliability of mechanical equipment.
- Plan, schedule, and drive the execution of maintenance work.
- Assist with troubleshooting and problem solving, with the goal to minimize equipment downtime that interrupts production.
- Network with other members of the Maintenance leadership team, work closely with Production supervision, interact with Vendors to drive support for Equipment Sustainability, and support corporate initiatives as required.
- Supervise and coordinate external contractors.
- Maintain compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, promote Environmental Awareness and energy/water conservation.
Send resumes to RMoore@FuturesConsult.com