Shearer's is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Your seat at the table
Under the direction of the maintenance manager, this position supervises, and coordinates activities of trades people/technicians engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance to Shearer’s safety policies and procedures including LOTO and hot work permit programs
- Support continuous improvement objectives to improve safety, quality, and throughput processes
- Provides direction, expertise, work execution decisions and compliance reviews for all maintenance work
- Provides specific recommendations for maintenance plan improvements based on machine performance, observations & data analysis.
- Ensures all work plans, specifications, labor & materials are accurately & consistently recorded against specified assets in Maintenance Connection.
- Drives the development & implementation of maintenance improvement processes aimed at improving overall equipment reliability
- Supports, coaches, mentors and develops plant technical team members
- Utilize problem solving tools such as 5Ys and the Fishbone diagram
- Attend and provide input to assigned DDS meetings in support of operations
- Fill-in for the maintenance manager in his/her absence
- Partner with outside contractors to complete work as needed
What you bring to the table
- Four-year degree in a related technical field such as engineering, or the equivalent in experience.
- Two years of experience in maintenance management or supervision, preferably in the food processing industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effective mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to manage hourly maintenance techs in executing complex, projects, and improvements.
- Ability to work a varied schedule.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!