- Seeking a Maintenance Supervisor candidate to join our team for one of the largest facilities in North Carolina. Our client offers stability, a great benefit package, and opportunity for growth with a successful and secure company that has been in business for more than 80 years.
- The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, a natural leader who is an excellent problem solver, and has excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A background in equipment / military maintenance and or food manufacturing maintenance is preferred
- FULL Relocation assistance is provided; sponsorship is NOT
- Lead a team of Maintenance Mechanics & Electricians in predictive & preventative maintenance and machine repair.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and day to day supervision of maintenance systems, processes and documentation associated with efficient and High Performing Manufacturing Organizations (Prevention and Predictive Maintenance, TPM, SOP’s, Safety, etc.).
- Ensure maintenance is scheduled in a timely manner and work closely with Production to schedule and accomplish equipment and facility repairs.
- Develop and/or maintain Key Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting the performance of the maintenance function (supplier performance, 3rd party contractor performance, equipment reliability, overall equipment effectiveness, etc.)
- Provide long term solutions and day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc.
- Train employees on proper work methods and safety procedures.
- Ensure tasks are completed in accordance with USDA regulations.
- Maintains accurate records of maintenance work performed and inventory.
- Provide regular status reports to maintenance management team.
- High School diploma or GED and 4+ years of maintenance supervision or process/project engineering experience; required. AAS /BS is a plus
- Previous leadership experience in manufacturing or military setting required. Raw food processing/packaging is preferred
- Advanced technical maintenance troubleshooting skills is required. Prefer experience in any of the following: mechanical and electrical repair: ammonia refrigeration, high pressure boiler, compressed air, PLCs, instrumentation, mechanical engineering, hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, motors, etc.
- Strong leadership and communication skills (conflict resolution, facilitation, change management skills, decision making, empowerment and delegation), preferred.
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees in the Maintenance Department.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and managed multiple areas in a large facility on an off-shift
military veteran preferred