Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor 2nd Shift -Meat Processing/Cutting Facility
Reports To: Plant Manager
Salaried Exempt Positions
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Supervise and coordinate all daily maintenance functions, start up, pm repair and projects. Hold accountability toward all pertaining shift maintenance employee’s performance. Ensure that lines are running and assist to fix all machinery. Schedule repairs and pm’s on lines down and schedule time down when needed. Communicate with shift supervisors before and after to keep all jobs going until completed. Prepares work schedule for mechanics and yourself to cover all plant needs. Audit pm’s and procedures for processing equipment and suggest changes. Produce a work schedule and plan of completion weekly for Maintenance Manager/Plant Manager. Support wastewater treatment plant when needed for mechanical or electrical problems. Basic computer skills, spreadsheets, word document, outlook.
- Communicate and enforce company policies
- Record personnel attendance
- Issues disciplinary actions per company policy as deemed necessary
- Attend meetings as required
- Maintain an excellent attendance record
- Communicate problems, improvements, or changes with supervisors and managers of opposing shifts and plant wide
- Complete and report any accidents, first aids near misses to safety department and HR
- Any other duties as deemed necessary
KNOWLEDEGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (Qualifications)
- Ability to train, mentor and coach line personnel and new hires
- Ability to communicate effectively, factually, and candidly
- Ability to plan and develop effective training procedures
- Must be able to be a team player
- Must be able to think outside the box and problem solve to better current and future state
- Must have computer skills, Word, Excel, Outlook, familiar Kronos, or other time tracking software
Leads through positive influence. Manages as one-team; demonstrates strong character and role models qualities such as motivation, inspiration, good judgment, and trust. The supervisor will ensure J.H. Routh Packing Co. values of fairness, dignity and respect are always met.
Executes with Excellence-Action driven, results oriented; always chooses product quality and food safety over production. Can be counted on consistently to meet or exceeds goals. Always meet or beat the schedule.
Provides clear and strategic direction to his/her line of operation and personnel.
I have read and understand the Maintenance Supervisor Job Description and Qualifications. I also understand that as part of my position and the nature of the business there might be other duties assigned and are not necessarily in writing in this job description. These duties do not preclude performance of other jobs that may be assigned. I have asked clarification (if any) from the Plant Manager and agree to the job description presented to me.