The responsibilities of the Maintenance Supervisor will include:
- Schedules and supervises the work as arranged through the Maintenance Planner to maintain equipment to meet production requirements.
- Oversees the work performed by maintenance crews and outside contractors as required for each job to ensure completion in a timely and quality manner.
- Manages any urgent or breakdown jobs as required to keep equipment running and minimize downtime.
- Provides development of direct reports and motivates staff resulting in a reliable and competent work force. Provides technical assistance to maintenance personnel toward expedient problem resolution.
- Execution of these specific duties will be achieved through the following:
- Schedule, assign, plan and monitor the work of maintenance shop personnel
- Coordinates with the Maintenance Planner by communicating anticipated jobs and provides input when stores stocks need to be increased or altered, for upcoming jobs to maintain maintenance schedules
- Determines appropriate training for employees and by evaluating their skills, abilities, safety practices and behavior to maintain the necessary skills to perform their jobs.
- Plans the schedules of the staff including assigning work and overtime as required to meet maintenance needs.
- Ensure the application of the plant’s rules, policies, and health & safety protocols during maintenance procedures to minimize injuries and lost time incidents.
- Provide ongoing maintenance support to the plant for all shifts. Must be willing to work weekends and after hours for supervision of emergency repairs as needed.
- Ensure that Maintenance department tools and equipment are in good working condition and that adequate stocks of consumables are maintained to allow maintenance activities to occur as scheduled.
- Continuously seek ways to improve the maintenance of the plant.
- Willingness to provide coverage during off-shift hour and weekends as required.
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Training Requirements
- 5+ years of mechanical repair and maintenance experience
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Prior experience working with food and beverage machinery and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to lead others with or without direct authority
- Working knowledge of a CMMS system
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to changing situations
- Ability to perform tasks that include walking, climbing equipment, working within confined spaces and occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical controls systems
- Ability to communicate thru the plant e-mail system
- Ability to TIG and MIG weld
- Associate Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Technologies (preferred)
- HS diploma and Vocational training