Department: MFG Maintenance
Post End Date: 07/30/2021
Position Reports To: MFG Maintenance Resource Leader/Controls Engineer
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: Hourly
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $28 - $31/hr
Anderson Bakery, a Kroger Company, is in the city of Anderson in the beautiful area of Upstate South Carolina. We have been in business since 1954 and are currently producing bread, muffins, and rolls for Kroger grocery stores in the southeast. Under new leadership, our facility has seen significant improvement in the last year in terms of process reliability, efficiency, and average run time and are continuing to improve our key plant indicators and our plant culture.
Why work at the Anderson Bakery?
To supportand reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional, and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, vacation, mental health resources, associate discounts, and opportunities to learn, grow and advance.
If you are passionate, driven and want to make positive change, then we want you to come work for us and help us continue to drive the positive impacts our plant has been experiencing over the last year!
Support programming, troubleshooting, calibration, project implementation and network Integration. Responsible for keeping the automated industrial control systems current. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Demonstrate the companys core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of industrial control systems and Programmable Logic Controller (PLCs)
- Install, diagnose and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical components of industrial machinery and equipment
- Replace defective components and wiring, and adjust mechanical parts
- Effectively maintain programming, hardware networking and communication; troubleshoot, determine causes of failure and perform corrective actions; oversee full industrial control system project implementation on both hardware and software problems
- Support predictive and preventative maintenance program
- Support internal projects
- Support plant control system upgrades
- Ensure compliance with Controls Change Management System
- Troubleshoot and calibrate the following properly and safely: control panels using relay logic; Cam-driven switch boxes; heat and humidity control systems; process control valves; pneumatic control systems; hydraulic control systems; metal detection systems; ink jet coding systems, electronic scaling systems, electronic meters
- Interface with and troubleshoot the following motor control equipment properly and safely: motor starters, run relays; Variable Frequency Drives(VFDs); Servo motors and controls
- Interface with and troubleshoot Allen Bradley and other plant PLCs including connecting to the PLC, reading ladder logic, programming, diagnosing hardware and software problems
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF Systems
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Sound working knowledge of Electrical Safe Work Practices; AC and DC Electrical Theory; reading/creating electrical prints/control schematics; motor control; personal computer hardware and software; computer networks; Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems; pneumatic and hydraulic valves; photo eyes; proximity sensors; limit switches; breakers; fuses
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints, electrical schematics and parts specifications
- 3 years PLC and HMI programming experience
- Experience with full Industrial Control System project implementation
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to comprehend complex verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends, and holidays
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- 2 years maintenance mechanic experience
- Familiarity with other brands of PLC hardware and software