MAINTENANCE PLANNER/SCHEDULER-Louisville, KY
Making Better Happen for 150 years
At AAK, our company purpose is Making Better Happen and we have been doing it for 150 years. We specialize in sustainably sourced plant-based oils that are used by major manufacturers in making products that we eat and use every day, products you love, like chocolate, veggie burgers, candles, cosmetics, lotions, organic products and more. We are seeking colleagues who want to be part of our ambition to make a better environment and be a better neighbor in our communities. Everything we do is about Making Better Happen together
At AAK, we are Making Better Leadership Happen and inspiring our 4,000 colleagues globally. We are looking for leaders who are passionate about innovation and continuous improvement to mobilize teams, manage change and drive the business. Our AAK Global Leadership Universe platform provides career resources including a strong collaborative network with other leaders
Join us in building a better future with us as an Maintenance Planner/Scheduler. This person will be responsible for the coordination of planning activities between production planner and maintenance groups for scheduled intervention of assets and supports the development and growth of the site asset maintenance strategy to predictive and preventative maintenance activities, mitigation of defects and all other activities related to leadership of the installed assets through their lifecycle from startup through replacement. Supports management of MRO inventory for the manufacturing areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts/participates in weekly planning meetings with production supervisors and Production planners to establish asset availability for intervention, work order priorities, as well as review recommended planned maintenance actions for the following week, coordinate asset access and availability to meet needs
- Develops / validates job tasks associated with PM and PDM procedures for manufacturing equipment and enter into CMMS, update as needed.
- Develops long range as well as short range planning, long range planning includes regular analysis of backlog and open work orders (PM, PdM, corrective. project).
- Responsible for screening initial job orders, receives all requests for maintenance work except those to be completed on the same day and screens the work order for proper format.
- Provides leadership and guidance in mechanical integrity and process safety management
- Analyzes job requirements and assesses best methods for accomplishing the task through conference with requester, operations team, engineering and the maintenance supervisor.
- Researches job requirements, review equipment history, review previously completed similar jobs, and identify safe work practices required.
- Develops and manages projects related to asset upgrades and replacements consistent with plant optimization, safety and reliability
- Creates detailed job plan, sequence of events, and task dependencies
- Determines resource requirements including crew size and hours, prepares a bill of materials, (source materials not in stock and forward to purchasing Specialist for acquisition, procure as needed, determine special tools, external resources (rigging, scaffolding, etc), provide total cost in terms of labor, materials, external resources.
- Prepares job detailed work order, detailed job plan, labor deployment by craft and skills with man-hour estimates, shutdown requirements, Bill of materials for the job (requisitioned for job use), required permits, prints, sketches, pictures, special procedures, etc.
- Submits a job preparation package to the appropriate maintenance lead or manager for scheduling with production, must review the job package with the supervisor to ensure clarity of execution strategy and vision.
- Reviews schedule compliance and other appropriate KPI’s with the maintenance manager daily and support, develop and implement initiatives that drive improvements, working with vendors, contractors, engineering and operations
- Reviews work order closeout information including man-hours charged, materials used, and comments noted, checks proper disposition of leftover materials, specials tools, or stock items
- Arranges and coordinates and supervise the use of outside contract resources to support planned maintenance shutdowns
- Calculates actual verses schedule labor efficiency for completed work
- Provides planning for major and minor system shutdowns
- Works with the maintenance/reliability manager in developing maintenance procedures for new equipment and/or systems taking into account any recommendations from the OEM’s and asset performance and also lead evaluations using tools including FMEA
- Prepares scope definition and estimates for production improvement projects (Operations, Project Engineering, Maintenance, Utilities)
- Develops long-term solutions to reoccurring asset problems
- Owns Site CMMS system, coordinates updates and training as required
- Supports management of MRO inventory
- Mechanical, maintenance or chemical engineering, engineering technology degree or equivalent
- 5-10 years experience in chemical, food, pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- 5-10 years’ experience inventory control and management
- 5–10 years of maintenance planning experience with large rotating equipment
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical/chemical plant equipment, parts and supplies.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret, technical procedures, technical catalogs.
- Ability to read and understand governmental regulations and company policy and procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions managers, co-workers, customers, vendors and the general workforce.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply those concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word, and Excel software, and CMMS systems.
- CMRP Certification preferred
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
Your rewarding career and benefits include:
- Leadership development, e-learning and tuition reimbursement programs offering potential for you to progress your future career
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental and vision) starting date of hire
- Health Savings Account with AAK annual contribution of $1,000-$1,500
- 401(k) Plan with 100% match
- Free Life and Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection and Legal Insurance Plans
- Discounts on travel, amusement parks, concerts, movies, and more
- Celebrations, events, and activities on site and supporting our communities
- Amazon AwardCo recognition incentives for service and peer to peer recognition
We take responsibility, together with you, for health and safety and for creating a workplace that values diversity and inclusivity. Our leadership is committed to unleash your potential. We believe that a diverse team brings new perspectives and ideas to the table and motivates us to Making Better Happen in everything we do together. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and foster a work environment that’s welcoming and accepting so that anyone who applies or joins AAK has equal access to opportunity.
Visit us at www.aak.com
AAK USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to workforce diversity. EOE. M/F/D/V.
Everything we do is about Making Better Happen™