Rousselot, Inc. is the world#39;s leading producer of gelatin and is a recognized partner in the pharmaceutical and food industries. The Peabody facility operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is seeking to hire a full-time Maintenance Planner/Scheduler. This position earns a competitive wage and excellent benefits! Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, a 401k plan with company match and safe harbor, and a discounted gym memberships. Do you want a successful career in manufacturing with a company that cares? Do you have a broad spectrum of maintenance experience? If so, you may be perfect for this position! Apply today!
As an integral part of the Maintenance Management Team, the Maintenance Planner/ Scheduler is responsible for supporting all of the goals and directives of the Maintenance Manager. The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Planner is; the planning, preparing, scheduling, and coordinating of preventive, predictive and plannable maintenance work performed on site, with the objective of minimizing total maintenance cost and effort, by maximizing maintenance work force efficiency and productivity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews maintenance work to be performed, and develops job plans, defines parts and materials, identifies skills needed, and engages the proper resources to develop a safe, effective, and efficient work control plan.
- Reviews plans for accuracy, and clarity: clear scope of work, realistic completion date, proper lead times, correct equipment identification, proper authorization, and discusses details with all applicable parties.
- Coordinates material needs & contracted services including procurement of parts, verifying all material, information, tools, and labor are available prior to scheduling.
- Takes on a construction manager roll during plant outages, conducts equipment outage meetings including pre-project, daily progress, and post-project.
- Develops detailed work lists and determines man power needs for scheduled maintenance.
- Coordinates, and manages contractor labor as needed.
- Performs administrative duties in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Provides written data as needed, to Production to prioritize back logged work.
- Provide input to technical team to solve improvement opportunities.
- Provide input during Production and Maintenance Team meetings about the scheduling of work.
- Understands and enforces good safety practices.
- Backup for maintenance management when needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent; 2-year Associates Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of planning and scheduling experience preferred
- 5 years of Trade or industrial maintenance experience
- Experience with MS Office software suite and able to learn enterprise (CMMS) software as it relates to the job function.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees and coworkers.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrate sound troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvements and assist to implement them.
- Good multi-tasking abilities.
- Have a "can do" attitude.
- Willingness to take on additional assignments.
- Both office and shop floor / Industrial environment.
- Working inside and outside in extreme conditions from street level to roof tops.
- Lifting materials, climbing stairs, ladders and / or scaffolding, entering confined spaces
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without proper regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law