Job Title: Planner, Maintenance
Reports To: Maintenance, Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: Responsible for providing planning and scheduling of maintenance work activities and resources through coordination with maintenance, planning, and production staff members and related schedules. Efforts will support control and monitoring of Predictive Maintenance (PdM) and Preventive Maintenance (PM) programs, equipment repairs, and replacement, installation, lubrication, labor, and related budgets. This position is responsible for development of maintenance equipment, Predictive Maintenance (PdM) and Preventive Maintenance (PM), and labor reports to track and monitor usage and reliability data. Will act as point of contact with other departments in communication of maintenance work activities and projects and communicate through shift cross meetings daily.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Control and monitoring of Predictive Maintenance (PdM) and Preventive Maintenance (PM) Programs to provide early detection, correction, and elimination of maintenance problems.
- Administration of a periodic maintenance program involving the rebuild, overhauls, component replacement, tear-downs, inspections, and major lubrication services.
- The conversion of all maintenance needs into resources and the development of a plan to accomplish these needs through effective scheduling.
- Coordinate the purchase and availability of materials and labor necessary to complete maintenance job orders by estimating the required materials and labor resources needed for effective scheduling.
- Monitoring the use of maintenance labor and to ensure maximum planned work and minimum unplanned or emergency work.
- Coordinate with Production Planning Department to schedule required line down-time for completion of PMs.
- Communicating to other department-related maintenance scheduling and planning issues as necessary including reports and presentations, (e.g., continuously identifying the most critical or costly activity with the greatest impact on equipment efficiencies in a given time).
- Modifications and updated of SOPs in all areas of maintenance.
- Maintains daily communication with other planner, storeroom technicians and shift cross meetings.
- Apply Continuous Improvement concepts and actively participate in Continuous Improvement Teams and activities.
- Bachelors Degree, required or equivalent work experience.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 to 5 years maintenance experience, required.
- 1 to 3 years food manufacturing experience, preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge, required.
- Background in report writing, analysis, and charting, preferred.
- Ability to operate computer and prepare reports, analysis, and other documents using Word, Excel, Outlook, Megamation, Access data, Auto-Cad,CMMS(i.e Maximo, JD Edwards) and purchasing systems.
- Working knowledge of maintenance systems, procedures, machine centers, parts/inventory systems, production systems/schedules and production planning systems.
- Uses precision measuring instruments and industrial shop mathematics to identify parts and supplies.
- Ability to work respectfully and efficiently with others.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills are essential.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines on short notice.
Good work attitude, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Continuous mental and visual attention is required to perform duties, involving repetitive or diversified work requiring constant alertness or activity, required.
- Continuous standing, walking and reaching.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures, working at heights and exposure to dust, gases, fumes and chemicals.
- Intermittent crouching/stooping, pushing/pulling, bending and lifting/lowering.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance, or up to 100 pounds with assistance.
Intermittent crouching/stooping, pushing/pulling, bending and lifting/lowering.
Must be able to perform on-call duty on any shift and work overtime on short notice basis.
Must be able to work Long-term, temporary assignments to any shift may be required to maintain manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work in a continuously hot environment.
- Duties are performed with exposure to noise.