Shearer's is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Your seat at the table
The Maintenance Planner position acts as the craft historian responsible to capture, document, preserve and re-distribute all of the knowledge about how we perform work on assets. The Maintenance Planner is responsible for assisting with the development and maintenance of reliability based maintenance strategy, based on preventive and predictive maintenance. The Planner will work directly with the Plant Technical Team to scope, plan and schedule corrective, preventative and predictive maintenance, including the updating of corrective and preventative Job Plans with input based on feedback from the maintenance team. The planner will also be responsible to build and sustain a reliable CMMS system and planning team, including training and coaching of maintenance personnel.
What you bring to the table
- Formal Maintenance Planning training with 5 or more years of relevant experience as a Maintenance Planner or Technical Team Leader.
- 4 year degree preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Maintenance Connection.
- Strong technical writing skills
- Broad experience of the plant and equipment.
- Familiarity with MRO stores and with Maintenance/Engineering library
- Strong craft skills and experience (can be focused in areas or by trade with multiple planners)
- Ability to fully leverage a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Oracle or INFOR knowledge preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office® Product Skills.
- Strong knowledge of production and manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Strong TPM Tools understanding including Planned and Predictive Maintenance pillars.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
- Ability to prepare detailed repair and metrics reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in the Food Processing Industry is an asset.
- Kitting experience and parts management experience preferred.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!