You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have nearly 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you re thinking how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can crunch on oodles of free snacks everyday!
- *Maintenance Millwright Night Shift* - Guelph, Canada $40.10/hr plus $1.50/hr Shift Premium
Your seat at the best snacks table
Are you a motivated, focused and eager leader looking for an opportunity where you can make a difference from day one? Then we want you! This full time position works Sunday 9:00 pm -7:30 am, then Monday through Thursday 11:30 pm-7:30 am. As a critical team member, they are responsible for performing maintenance, troubleshooting, and installing upgrades on our state of the art equipment and facility.
What you bring to the party
We are building the best team in the food industry, and we're looking for people like you who possess the following:
- Industrial Mechanic Millwrights License 433A
- Knowledge of conveyors, high speed pumps/compressor & packaging equipment
- Experience using a lathe, mill, drill press and other machining equipment
- Experience of Arc & Tig welding
- Experience with electrical safety circuit controls
- Experience with a computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Good understanding of 5S and other Lean Manufacturing principles
- Experience in Food Processing facility preferred
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Heavy lifting may be required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Provides maintenance support 24/7 schedule when necessary
These Qualifications are required of the successful candidate:
- Self-starter, working with minimal supervision
- Must follow all safety regulations while working
- Must be comfortable working at various heights
- Basic knowledge of electric motor controls, programmable logic controllers, basic wiring circuits and skills necessary to safety test common electrical systems and can make minor repairs where permitted
- Must have a full complement of personal/professional hand tools
- *We offer a variety pack of benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Employee Assistance Plan
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Shearer's Foods Canada, Inc. is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
This is your invitation to apply now!