AAK USA, INC.
MAINTENANCE MECHANICS-ALL SHIFTS
Making Better Happen for 150 years
At AAK, our company purpose is Making Better Happen and we have been doing it for 150 years. We specialize in sustainably sourced plant-based oils that are used by major manufacturers in making products that we eat and use every day, products you love, like chocolate, veggie burgers, candles, cosmetics, lotions, organic products and more. We are seeking colleagues who want to be part of our ambition to make a better environment and be a better neighbor in our communities.
Join nearly 4,000 like-minded colleagues globally and build a better future with us. Everything we do is about Making Better Happen together.
Build a better future as a Maintenance Mechanic in Richmond, CA.
We are looking for Maintenance Mechanics for our Richmond site. The maintenance mechanic is involved in the successful daily completion of assigned work either on a priority basis or continuing basis as assigned by the Maintenance and Reliability Manager. There are no formal reports for this position except for work documentation as required to document material and equipment requests as pertinent to the job.
This is a union position. Person hired will be required to join the ILWU Local 6 Union
Your responsibilities include:
- Performs various mechanical maintenance functions to include but is not limited to:
- Repairing rotating equipment including centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, agitators, cooling fans and gear boxes
- Installing and repairing pipe work, both screwed and welded, in stainless and carbon steel.
- Routine maintenance.
- Diagnose causes of equipment problems or failures for identifying equipment and/or systems repair.
- Repairs various types of heat exchangers including the over pressure protection.
- Repairs all types of valves and pneumatic actuators.
- Steam distribution equipment and condensate collection.
- Knowledge of plant utilities such as boilers, cooling towers, compressors and wastewater treatment.
- Executes work in a safe and expedient manner according to the following priorities: Safety, Quality then Production.
- Performs emergency corrective maintenance daily and attends out of hour call-ins as requested.
- Executes capital and maintenance project work as directed.
- Conducts preventive/ predictive maintenance
- Corrective maintenance, this may require out of normal hour working such as late nights or weekends.
- Assists other employees as able and assigned.
- Trains other employees in areas qualified, and attend training courses as requested
- Looks for opportunities to help work get done safer, faster and more cost effective.
- Participates in company activities such as; Safety Committee, Continuous Improvement, Audit committees, employee task forces, etc.
Your experience includes:
- 3 - 5 years as a maintenance mechanic in oil, chemical, pharmaceutical or process manufacturing facility.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Strong problem solving, math, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), time management and organizational skills
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
Your rewarding career and benefits include:
- Career paths, training and development, e-learning and tuition reimbursement programs offering potential for you to progress your future career
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental and vision) starting date of hire
- Health Savings Account with AAK annual contribution of $1,000-$1,500
- 401(k) Plan with 100% match
- Free Life and Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection and Legal Insurance Plans
- Discounts on travel, amusement parks, concerts, movies, and more
- Celebrations, events, and activities on site and supporting our communities
- Amazon AwardCo recognition incentives for service and peer to peer recognition
We take responsibility, together with you, for health and safety and for creating a workplace that values diversity and inclusivity. Our leadership is committed to unleash your potential. We believe that a diverse team brings new perspectives and ideas to the table and motivates us to Making Better Happen in everything we do together. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and foster a work environment that’s welcoming and accepting so that anyone who applies or joins AAK has equal access to opportunity.
AAK Everything we do is about Making Better Happen together.
Visit us at www.aak.com