Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
HIRING BOTH SHIFTS ( Sundays too!)
Full Time /Part Time Openings
Department: All Date: 09-04-2019
- (Bakery Experience, familiar with horizontal wrappers and vertical baggers)
Basic Function: To provide mechanical skills required to properly maintain all bakery equipment, facilities and property
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maintain all bakery equipment, facilities and property so as to minimize lost production time.
- Must be able to perform repair work in equipment facilities and property, as needed while in production
- Must be able to perform assigned preventative maintenance inspections on bakery equipment, facilities and property and make repairs where applicable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in safety inspections as required; assist in training all plant personnel in the proper use of equipment and facilities; and take the necessary actions to see that all plant equipment, facilities and property are in compliance with current plant and government safety standards
- Contribute to and protect the profits of the company
- Works with other supervisors, reports to Maintenance supervisor
- Preferred to have basic operating skills on metal lathe and milling machine and how to operate it under supervision
- Must have knowledge of electrical and acetylene welding and cutting, and perform these duties under limited supervision
- Must be able to overhaul any piece of production equipment that has been assigned
- Must have skills in electrical and refrigeration systems ( if applicable)
- Must be able to set up and adjust all plant equipment
- High school graduate preferred
- Must be able to use basic arithmetic
- Must be able to make rational decisions in performing preventative maintenance function: i.e. weather or not to change gears, lugs, sprockets, roller chain.
- Ability to stand, stoop, crawl, use of both hands, pinch, grip and twist of hands repetitively and for long periods of time
- Able to withstand hot temperatures over 100 degrees