The Maintenance Mechanic position conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance on all machinery in the plant.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Must be familiar with Computer based Maintenance Management Systems.
- Mechanic is required to supply their own hand tools and a lockable tool box.
Safety & GMP Objectives
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment, maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures as well as complying with all OSHA rules and regulations (THINK "SAFETY FIRST").
- Ability to recognize unsafe acts and conditions in the facility and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to fully complete appropriate paperwork related to specific job functions in addition to quality and safety/training.
- Ability to recognize and report all incidents; even those that do not warrant treatment.
- Review and execute our Food Safety Plan and MFP Mission Statement in order to provide value to each of our customers with safe, relevant, tasty food products; while never comprising quality.
- Adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP's) including proper waste disposal, attire, grooming and hygiene, etc.
- An employee holding this job position is not authorized to represent or speak on behalf of the company, or respond to any media inquiries regarding the company, its business, its products or its customers.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Specifications
- Some computer skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels of professionals in the organization.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to guide, teach and communicate with others.
- Good mechanical skills.
Must be able to attend work as scheduled
Must be able to read and write in English
Must be able to perform basic math problems
Must be able to perform the jobs of his team members
Must be able to lift 55 lbs.
Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
Must be able to interact with others in a professional manner.
Maintenance Mechanic is supported and backed up by other Maintenance Mechanics or by the Maintenance Supervisor. Suitable training is required of this individual.
Maintenance Mechanic reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Newly Weds Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Newly Weds Foods will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States without assistance or support from Newly Weds Foods. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.