Provides maintenance and repair of equipment, primarily manufacturing/mogul, but can include other equipment in the physical plant. Supports and ensures the quality of manufactured goods and optimal production levels by keeping manufacturing machinery is sound working order.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain all production line machinery and equipment.
- Diagnose, repair, maintain, rebuild, operate and troubleshoot all mechanical equipment.
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMPs.
- Make equipment adjustments as needed.
- Execute preventive maintenance programs.
- Report maintenance problems to supervisors without delay.
- Perform equipment inspections.
- Communicate regularly with QC, supervisors and machine operators.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports; completes work orders for all activities and records spare parts used.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and crouching. Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls. Lifting and moving of objects weighing at least 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and considered to enable an individual to perform the essential job functions.
Job will generally be performed in the manufacturing plant. When on the plant floor it is representative of a large, busy manufacturing operation. Noisy, active, objects on the floor, constant movement and traffic flow of motorized equipment. Hair net, beard net, assigned work uniform, protective eye wear and gloves are among the GMP required apparel that must be worn, if indicated, on the plant floor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Experience in Food Processing, CPG, or Cosmetics industries strongly preferred.
- High School education or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in use of high-speed equipment.
- Knowledge of machine shop, welding, fabrication, hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in vehicle and equipment repair is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in the safe use of power and hand tools and diagnostic equipment is required.
- Must be able to follow written instructions, including manuals and manufacturers#39; service and repair specifications.
- Flexibility to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Basic math and computer skills are preferred.??????