Who are we?
Michigan Milk Producers Association (MMPA), established in 1916, is a member owned and operated dairy cooperative. MMPA serves approximately 1,600 dairy farmer members in Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin and Ohio. The dairy cooperative, the 10th largest in the U.S., employs approximately 320 people in four states.
MMPA markets nearly 5 billion pounds of milk annually to fluid milk customers and food ingredient manufacturers. MMPA operates two manufacturing plants in Ovid and Constantine, Michigan and a cheese plant in Middlebury, Indiana. Products made at the Michigan plants include butter, ultra-filtered milk, powdered milk, cream and condensed skim milk. These products are sold to a wide range of food manufacturers who make end-use products such as candy, ice cream, pudding, baked goods, cheese and yogurt.
About the Position:
MMPA is looking for Maintenance Mechanics who will work on 2nd and 3rd shift in our 24/7 manufacturing plant. Qualified individuals will have the following experience:
- Pump/motor maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Valve maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Variable speed drive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Fan and blower maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Steam Boiler control monitoring.
- Ability to fill out monitoring log sheets and charts
- Air compressor and related systems maintenance, and monitoring.
- Ammonia system monitoring.
- Glycol systems operation, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Basic skill in troubleshooting and repair.
- Ability to learn Pasteurizer and related systems maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
- OSHA Knowledge of safe work practices
- Understanding of liquid flow in process piping through pumps, valves and lines.
While this list is extensive, it is not comprehensive. Other tasks may be assigned as required to properly maintain production equipment, structures, grounds or utilities.
Preferred but not required:
- Heat exchanger (Plate, Shell/Tube, Triple Tube or other) maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Hot water set operation, maintenance, and monitoring
- Ice builder operation, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Separator and related systems maintenance, troubleshooting and repair
- Homogenizer pump maintenance and repair
- HVAC PM, CM, and monitoring. Awareness of and compliance with all HACCP, USDA, FDA, SQF, MDA, GMP, and Food Safety Standard.
- Journeyman card or four (4) years of equivalent manufacturing experience
- Ability to obtain an industrial lift truck operator permit
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass a drug test and background check
- Willingness to work 2nd/3rd shift in a 24/7 operation, with holidays and weekends required
The above essential job functions require: walking distances as much as 1000 feet, climbing stairs or ladders to heights as much as 20 feet above grade, and bending, twisting, and standing for periods up to 5 minutes for collection of data. In addition, the bench top analytical and clerical functions listed above will require at least one hour per day of standing or sitting while performing those tasks. In addition, these essential job functions may require: walking on wet floors and/or catwalks, climbing stairs and ladders to heights as much as 100 feet above grade, lifting, carrying and/or pulling as much as 80 pounds and compressed gas cylinders up to 200 pounds, the use of cutting and welding equipment and the use of hand and power tools such as but not limited to: pipe, adjustable and other wrenches, hammer drills, electrical multimeters, air impact wrench drives.
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer