Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Work independently performing routine general maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse. Must be proficient in the troubleshooting and repair of electrical, plumbing, lift truck, refrigeration, ammonia, boilers, and carpentry.
• Performs all repair and adjustment of refrigeration system, doors, dock boards, pallet racks, sweepers, sprinkler systems, forklifts, pallet trucks, and electrical work in accordance with OSHA standards
• Inspects forklifts, pallet jacks, and other operating equipment to ensure compliance with OSHA and operational standards
• Tests, maintains, and evaluates equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gauges
• Tests and calibrates HVAC equipment
• Maintains tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed
• Maintains batteries and chargers in working order in accordance with OSHA Standard
• Conducts test of safety equipment (Exit signs, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, etc.) to ensure OHSA and operational standards
• Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records
• Answer security alarm calls as needed
• Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required
Qualifications & Experience:
• 4+ years maintenance mechanic experience
• Must have successfully completed four (4) RETA courses
• Must have successfully completed HAZMAT responder training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of general warehouse practices
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams
• Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trades
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside controlled temperatures of -15 degrees Fahrenheit and outside ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation)
• Must tolerate heights up to 35 ft. and be able to access elevated platforms and catwalks
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to use hand and power tools
• Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or manipulate parts & tools
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either naturally or with the aid of eye glasses
• Able to work nights and weekends
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.