About the job
ABOUT THE JOB:
At Danone Manufacturing the best products and supplying them to meet demand is a key driver for our plant teams. We have an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic based in our Portland, Oregon manufacturing facility. In this role, you will support the manufacturing plant by completing timely repair and preventative maintenance of the equipment.
Job responsibilities include:
• Plant equipment includes filling machines, metal detectors, carton erectors, case packers, palletizers, pasteurizers, homogenizers, motors and pumps, and conveying equipment
• Qualified applicants must possess tangible experience in troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns in manufacturing production equipment
• Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, innovative, and possess ability to multi-task and shift priorities quickly, while maintaining control, focus and professionalism in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Maintenance Mechanics must follow and improve all established personal safety, food safety, and environmental standards, and all established maintenance processes to adhere and uphold all plant technical standards and ensure company compliance with all federal, state, local and company regulations.
• Strong mathematical skills
• Ability to work flexible schedules as needed. Work schedules could include nights, weekend or holiday shiftsAbout you
• You have a high school diploma or GED.
• You have 2-4 years of maintenance experience in food production/manufacturing environment, repairing and troubleshooting issues on packaging and/or filling equipment and other food processing equipment.
• You have previous experience with high speed production equipment, robotic palletizer or Evergreen packaging equipment is a plus. Previous dairy, food and beverage industry maintenance experience strongly desired.
• You have previous experience in a combination of the following areas: PLC, instrumentation, pumps, mechanical, pneumatic, motors, electrical, hydraulic, lubrication, HVAC, ammonia refrigeration, compressors (air/ammonia), utilities, boilers, waste water treatment plant.About us
At Danone North America, you#39;ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You#39;ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn#39;t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We#39;re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.